How online communities work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all,

The other thing to mention here is that only 40% of the traffic to Pt hits the forum (Donna might correct me here as she monitors the stats more than I) the 60% hit the non-forum pages like the region sections. The forum software only monitors the forum pages not the rest of the site.

Cheers

Marc
    Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

Comment

Hi Monid,

I think that the last few days have seen the record number of users broken every day. As such, this does not appear to me to be a one off event.

Regarding the recent departure of Richmastery super investors (and their followers), I suspect that more than Mr Goodey left in a huff (although they might continue to view the fora anonymously). For example, that bloke who builds shacks on the back of sections hasn’t been back, since he was asked a few uncomfortable questions. There was also Richmastery followers such as "Avalon", that I haven't seen around recently? I suppose that you are correct that they could all come back if things flare up again, in rent a mob fashion.

I agree with revdev there are some excellent threads here at the moment. Nonetheless, personally I believe that the change to this site recently is more subtle than just the consolidation of the Richmastery thread (although this certainly helped).

Of course, you say that it was just an “odd patch” when I joined (I had seen this site before, but only looked at it once every six months or so).

I am not so sure. When I arrived here there were 27 pages of Mr Fong’s sales pitch, which was about the most popular thread here, and had been going for years. There didn't seem to be much debate about his sales and marketing pitch. Of course, I was almost banned for having the audacity to ask Mr Fong what he ate for breakfast (super investors are what they eat?).

The big shift I sense here is that these fora have switched from the cult of “positive thinking” to a more balanced and interesting “critical thinking” basis.

Congratulations to all!!!

Regards,
      *poormastery*

Comment

Record Blown Away Again!

Most users ever online was 352, Yesterday at 10:12 PM.

As Richmastery posters leave the building, the record user count is surpassed yet again!

The record was 320 reached just a week ago - 352 sees this record blitzed!

Regards,
        *poormastery*
        Last edited by poormastery; 13-06-2007, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by poormastery View Post
          Most users ever online was 352, Yesterday at 10:12 PM.

As Richmastery posters leave the building, the record user count is surpassed yet again!

The record was 320 reached just a week ago - 352 sees this record blitzed!

Comgratulations to all!!!

Regards,
          *poormastery*
          While I agree totally, maybe better in this thread? Well done everybody
          Premium Villa Holidays in Turkey

Comment

Amazing Propertytalk enters a new phase.
            What till the momentum kicks in.

Comment

There was also Richmastery followers such as "Avalon", that I haven't seen around recently?
              poormatery, don't forget that there are actually people out there who get benefit from RM and all the other educators out there. Everyone learns and gets inspired in different ways and from different things. And that's a good thing!

Wouldn't PT be boring if we all subscribed to your theories (or m ine for that matter!).

Gerrard

Comment

Different views...

Hi Gerrard,

It wasn't me that advocated banning people from these forums, for no more than having different views from the other posters here...

Regards,
                *poormastery*
                Last edited by poormastery; 14-06-2007, 03:44 AM.

Comment

It wasn't me that advocated banning people from these forums, for no more than having different views from the other posters here...
                  We all know you are not talking about our forums as we have been running them successfully for a number of years now and NEVER has a user been banned for having different views.

cheers,

Donna
                  Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Forumites arriving/leaving forum

...I suspect that more than Mr Goodey left in a huff (although they might continue to view the fora anonymously).
                    There was also Richmastery followers such as "Avalon", that I haven't seen around recently? I suppose that you are correct that they could all come back if things flare up again, in rent a mob fashion.
                    The reason that both Steve and Avalon are not actively posting at the moment, is that they are both separately doing great things.

Stop making snide comments about things you don't know about and don't understand.

Critical comments (both positive & negative) are always appreciated on this site.

Stupid, idiotic, third person rantings aren't.
                    Patience is a virtue.

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
                      We all know you are not talking about our forums as we have been running them successfully for a number of years now and NEVER has a user been banned for having different views.

cheers,

Donna
                      I guess it is not the views that could be grounds for a banning, but rather the way in which the views are expressed.

Paul.

Comment

• 302 was the most ever users online here for ages.
                        • 6-06-2007 "Most users ever online was 320, Today at 09:26 AM."
                        • 12-06-2007 "Most users ever online was 352, Yesterday at 10:12 PM."
                        • 16-06-2007 "Most users ever online was 387, Today at 12:44 AM."
                        So in approximately two weeks, the high score has been smashed by 28%. This is extraordinary, and doesn't seem to be a random event, because numbers are consistently higher almost every day.

What does it all mean?

Regards,
                        *poormastery*

Comment

Hi pm

You said:
                          What does it all mean?
                          1. Perhaps more people are tuning in to read the the next enthralling post from you.

2. Perhaps more people are tuning in to read the next revelation about Richmastery.

3. Perhaps more people are tuning in to read the next entralling post from Commercial Dan.

4. Perhaps more investors are tuning in to read the latest news about where property investing is heading in NZ.

5. Could be the next Peyton Place.

Comment

Originally posted by poormastery View Post
                            So in approximately two weeks, the high score has been smashed by 28%. This is extraordinary, and doesn't seem to be a random event, because numbers are consistently higher almost every day.

What does it all mean?

Regards,
                            *poormastery*
                            Looks like a weekly event.
                            Fantastic

Comment

A new record
                              • 19-06-2007 "Most users ever online was 397, Today at 08:49 PM"

Regards,
                              *poormastery*

Comment

Well done everybody

Comment

Working...
                                X