Should i have to pay rent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should i have to pay rent?

i am currently paying £600 rent pcm. I informed my landlord of a leak in the bathroom (due to the outside roofing) 3 months ago. Only 3 weeks ago did my landlord actually do anything about this other than come and look at it. Since then i have been left without a bathroom due to leaks left right and centre especially over the bath and toilet and fibre glass hanging out where the ceiling had been removed. I have a 1 year old and this had really put me out as i've been having to go back and forth to my mums to bath her and myself. I have informed my landlord that i will only pay her £300 this month instead of the £600 due to having no bathroom. i haven't sought any legal advice. Would i have a leg to stand on?

Takes me back to my flatting days in London! no fun, however, with a child.

Is there a government run tenancy mediation service? call centre etc that you can call on for advice?
    Charging enough rent?
    NZ Scams to Avoid
    Add a sleepout to your rental property

Comment

hi jodiepettit,
      It takes me back to my flatting days in London. I spent these days without toilet. I think this is a general problem in London. Landlords do not pay any attention to their tenants. I suggest you should pay half rent to the landlord. Otherwise you call to tenancy mediation service for advice.
      Last edited by wasi; 11-04-2011, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Its a really big issue that should be come into notice to the landlords and tenancy mediation services...
        They should provide the complete rights and services for their rental property living persons..

Comment

This is much better to avoid fight. Please leave such house and look for other.

Comment

Working...
          X