nelson criminal tenants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nelson criminal tenants

Two weeks ago she asked the couple to tidy up the property. Instead, they threatened to "rape me and kill me and burn the house down," she said.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/8239...f-young-family
    have you defeated them?
    your demons

These aren't criminals... these are poor first home buyers who simply want to be able to buy their own home... The oppressive landlord is clearly overreacting by trying to force this young family to clean up...

Comment

A rental WOF scheme would have saved these poor children.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kane View Post
        A rental WOF scheme would have saved these poor children.
        Good point even though sarcastic.

The current idea around WOF holds landlords responsible for everything.

If it does go through should be like vehicle WOF's - the driver (tenant) has a strong responsibility to ensure they maintain the house to a WOF standard. Any breaches and they should be subjected to fines, penalties, etc. Compromising a house and properties WOF puts the owner, public visitors, future tenants and neighbors at risk. All that rubbish is a public health risk. Then again just another licence for everything....

DBtH - The first home buyers will be their neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by Boom View Post
          Good point even though sarcastic.

The current idea around WOF holds landlords responsible for everything. ......
          If Mr Little's Healthy Homes Guarantee Bill passes, the landlord will also be responsible for 'adequate indoor temperatures'. How would that work I wonder.

Comment

I wonder who will be responsible for cleaning up dog and human poo.

Surely tenants can't be expected to pick it up?

Maybe landlords should have to supply a free uncontaminated (tested) supply of alcohol and meth?

Seriously where and when does the accountability start?
            Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by artemis View Post
              ............ 'adequate indoor temperatures'. ...........
              I think we can assume that the standard for indoor temperatures will mirror the standards for "reasonably clean and reasonably tidy"

IE. The landlord has to provide higher standards than the tenant.

www.3888444.co.nz
              Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by artemis View Post
                If Mr Little's Healthy Homes Guarantee Bill passes, the landlord will also be responsible for 'adequate indoor temperatures'. How would that work I wonder.
                A daily supply of heated gas via $1 baked beans should do the trick

Dampness and mould is more important to target than the "cold".

Tenants should have a responsibility to ventilate their homes just as much as landlords should have to ensure the condition of the house is not resulting in such conditions.

There's a reason National are trying to offload all the substandard Housing NZ homes.

Comment

Originally posted by Boom View Post

Dampness and mould is more important to target than the "cold".

Tenants should have a responsibility to ventilate their homes just as much as landlords should have to ensure the condition of the house is not resulting in such conditions.

There's a reason National are trying to offload all the substandard Housing NZ homes.
                  The houses are not substandard - generations of Kiwis have grown up in them. I've also personally seen inside over 1000 of them, nationwide. The problem is that the tenants are not living up to the responsibility of ventilating (or cleaning, in many cases) them.
                  My blog. From personal experience.
                  http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sidinz View Post
                    The houses are not substandard - generations of Kiwis have grown up in them. I've also personally seen inside over 1000 of them, nationwide. The problem is that the tenants are not living up to the responsibility of ventilating (or cleaning, in many cases) them.
                    I think it is the complete opposite of 'sub standard' it is over expecting tenants who should be thankful of any accommodation provided that they don't have to pay for.

My parents taught me when i was a kid that if someone else was paying the bill, you politely say thank-you and accept what is on offer (and treat it with respect) or graciously refuse and provide your own (whatever it was being offered).

Comment

Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
                      I think it is the complete opposite of 'sub standard'
                      Some of it's really nice and cosier than my own home!
                      My blog. From personal experience.
                      http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sidinz View Post
                        Some of it's really nice and cosier than my own home!
                        Right - That's why i call it an expectation crisis... which it is.

If i took a sample of people earning what i earn and review their housing vs. mine i would be in the bottom 10% based on almost all measures (i.e. quality of build/size/desirable location/insulation)... i make (made) this choice (many years ago) in order to set up me/my family for their future.

I took responsibility for myself, spent less than i earned and went without... now having shown restraint and discipline i'm now Public Enemy #1 as an Evil property investor.

Comment

+1...................
                          have you defeated them?
                          your demons

Comment

landlord evicting scumbags

saves child

The father of a boy who lived in a filthy Richmond home says he doesn't want his son living that wa
                            y again.

He said his son had been in his care since Sunday and that he plans to seek permanent custody.

"Having all this come out has made it possible [to seek custody].

"I was just trying to get him when I can within my rights. It's just been a struggle to get other people to realise there were problems going on."

The wider community had also offered its support.

"I just want to say a huge thank you to them and to Sinead as well. She's the real hero here."

have you defeated them?
                            your demons

Comment

Working...
                            X