Hi PT Groupies
I have an average unit in Auckland that I am advertising for rent. Couple of strong applicants at the advertised price... AND a young couple (24 and 19 years old) who have a cute little puppy dog (Fox terrier). They have offered to pay an additional 15% on the advertised rate to secure the unit... (very tempting!)
What would you do? I am tempted to take the extra money (IF they sign a 12 month Fixed contract) Since I will probably have the money, and plan to renovate the property anyway in the next 9 to 12 months (so the doggy mess/ smell will not be an issue)
My fears are that they may be unstable (might break up? etc) and then in a few weeks/months I am left with a smelly doggy poo poo unit with little or no comebacks!... and at that time I will not be in a position to renovate.
Your thoughts and observations are most welcome :-)
I have an average unit in Auckland that I am advertising for rent. Couple of strong applicants at the advertised price... AND a young couple (24 and 19 years old) who have a cute little puppy dog (Fox terrier). They have offered to pay an additional 15% on the advertised rate to secure the unit... (very tempting!)
What would you do? I am tempted to take the extra money (IF they sign a 12 month Fixed contract) Since I will probably have the money, and plan to renovate the property anyway in the next 9 to 12 months (so the doggy mess/ smell will not be an issue)
My fears are that they may be unstable (might break up? etc) and then in a few weeks/months I am left with a smelly doggy poo poo unit with little or no comebacks!... and at that time I will not be in a position to renovate.
Your thoughts and observations are most welcome :-)


Comment