Overbearing Landlord!! Please help! I'm just writing to get some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lolajane View Post
    Just a update, I had final mediation with LL today, she tried to claim for a few things 1st was - a hole in the wall they knew was caused by the 7.1 earthquake they asked that my contents insurance cover this (my sons tv fell of stand and into wall i informed them when they did the 1st EQC inspection) RESULT: no agreement from me to pay for it, as that is what EQC claims are for.
    2nd - $25 for replacement of shower curtain, as the brand new 1 I put up the day I moved out "is ugly" (the original curtain had become mouldy and couldn't wash out so i replaced it with a brand new one), the mediator pointed out that I did the right thing by replacing the mouldy curtain to which the LL replied " could she please give the mouldy one back", hmmm I don't keep mouldy old things sorry RESULT: no agreement from me to replace something I had already replaced.
    3rd - replacement for a curtain I moved from 1 bedroom to another (the curtain was still in the property. It was just used in another bedroom, as in both bedrooms the windows were identical and the curtains were too short so i moved the curtain from the room we didn't use to my sons room to block out the light, it took the mediator a few goes to explain this to the LL) RESULT: no agreement from me to pay for a curtain that was still on the property

FINAL RESULT: i get my bond back in a few days and live happily ever after with a excellent property manager and a safe house
    Is this a final result? I see in your mediation that you didn't agree to a list of things, but did the landlord eventually agree to accept your point of view, or are you off to Tribunal next?

Comment

• The landlord didn't want to agree, but when we pointed out that if she takes it to TT, they are not likely to award for:
      - a hole already claimed through EQC.
      - a shower curtain i replaced before i left (looks are not the issue, cleanliness is i.e. leaving the property in a reasonably clean state)
      - and a curtain that is still on the property in a perfect state just moved to another room.
      - The whole property was left in an immaculate condition as it was very obvious i would have problems with this LL. They also did the inspection with out me there, so i took alot of photos and did a video of the property inside and out with a comentary to protect myself.

So once given all these facts and when she was told i would take a copy of the video, with earthquake damage and all, to TT, yes she agreed to accept my point of view (after she pointed out that they have gone past my house and they know where i live)

So yes the saga of the kaiapoi house is finally over (for me anyway)
      Last edited by lolajane; 21-01-2011, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• Lolajane .. you have told us the result of the landlords applications, what about your cross claims? is the house liveable? Did the landlord ever show anyone the EQC report. What happened to your concerns?

Comment

• I didnt bother pursueing that although, I did mention it several times and I have it all on video and in photos. These people have caused so much stress on me and my family that in the end I just wanted it to be over. Since moving on monday its very clear to anyone close to me that my kids and i are alot more comfortable and relaxed in the new house and we've had a big weight lifted. So I never made cross claims, and no they never showed the EQC report, so I cant say wether the house is livable or not. All I can say is, 2 people from EQC told me it wasnt livable and it was getting demolished, a builders written report says its not safe, and it didnt feel safe at all. We've had some good shakes this week and we have only felt the main one at this new house, we felt every tiny 1 and would have pictures fall at the last house, that confirms for me personally i did the right thing by leaving.

Comment

• Originally posted by lolajane View Post
            (after she pointed out that they have gone
            past my house and they know where i live)
            OK. It's over. Big sigh of relief. But that
            comment sounds odd, to say the least.

Comment

• Exactly what we thought, but that is what trespass orders are for.

Comment

Working...
              X