Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round Taupo and Bike The Lake

Any PT'ers attending these events?

I'm going round Lake Rotorua twice and halfway around Taupo.

It might be an unusual way to meet some other investors... in the elated, drained aftermath!
    Charging enough rent?
    NZ Scams to Avoid
    Add a sleepout to your rental property

I'm supposed to be doing the Taupo ride - whole lake.

I keep finding myself so busy that I can't train, although I did get out on Wednesday.

Maybe, given my lack of training, 80K isn't a bad idea. (Do we miss the Hatepe hill if we do 80K???)

What is the Rotorua ride?

Paul.

Comment

You do!

However I'm told the first half is the hardest...

I've been doing the bunch rides from Avanti Mt Eden - they've been excellent!
      Charging enough rent?
      NZ Scams to Avoid

Comment

I'm in (for Taupo).

Paul.

Comment

Umm should we have a Pt team? Could get T Shirts done etc - what do you think?

Cheers,

Donna

....umm when is it?
          Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

24th November

Join the Ride. New Zealand's largest cycling occasion welcoming cyclists and mountain bikers and their supporters to the Taupō region annually. A variety of options to get you out on your bike, whether you are up for challenge or it's your first event, there is something for everyone.

Après shirts or hats would be neat... but for the actual ride we'll be wearing slinky lycra and I think there's some official vest we have to wear too so PT might not get much exposure relative to the cost.
            Charging enough rent?
            NZ Scams to Avoid

Comment

Mmmmmm, slinky lycra.

That's the real reason I bike.

Paul.

Comment

I did Taupo last year (5hrs 45 min) and wouldn't suggest that anyone try it unless they've done some serious training. I haven't done much at all this year so I'm sitting it out. I can't understand the people that guts it out to do it in 8/9 hours or even longer. That's no fun!

The first hill is steep but nothing compared to the agony of Hatepe after maybe 130km of riding. However, the first 80km (2 legs) is by far the hardest as the wind is usually in your face and there are a lot more hills. The last 80km is much flatter (apart from the first part and Hatepe) and the wind is usually at your back.

Good luck!
                You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Thanks for the breakdown Dave... not what I needed to hear though - I'm doing the first half!

I've been advised to have a drive round and there is BMX racing there the weekend before. We weren't going to go, but maybe I should. Taupo twice in 10 days - oh yay!
                  Charging enough rent?
                  NZ Scams to Avoid

Comment

Hi Sarahk

You can always take a break in Tokoroa.

I'll have the kettle on.

Regards
                    "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

We have a couple of friends that do the twice around and kept themselves going with potein bars stuck to their handlebars - catching the flies as they rode along added more potein.

Cheers,

Donna

Good luck everyone - and think of the achievement once you've done it
                      Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

I am doing the twice round Lake Rotorua (on this Sunday) and also Lake Taupo (whole way) for the 3rd time.

I will keep an eye out for any PT people that I may recognise !!!!! (bit hard at Taupo, its crowded !!)

Comment

Hi Kelvin - I'll look out for you this weekend! I'm really looking forward to the Rotorua ride!
                          Charging enough rent?
                          NZ Scams to Avoid

Comment

Mee too !!! I reckon we should try to organise a PT group for one (or more) of these rides next year, bit late now but I only just saw these posts !!

Comment

I'm bumping this thread, to see whether any other PTers are doing Taupo this weekend.

How did the Rotorua ride go?

Paul.

Comment

Working...
                              X