Round Taupo and Bike The Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:-o

And here I was about to dust off my Raliegh 20!- WOW!! Jane....is there a Tarzan out there that can keep up to this pace?

Comment

Originally posted by Yea'Na'Eh View Post
      Classic! I've only just come across this thread and i'm smiling from ear to ear as I'm a cycling freak! I did the 320k Enduro three races ago and for two years had the women's record at 10hr 48min, until some chick went and kicked my butt last year :-(

Yours in pedalling
      Jane
      I was riding in the same group as you that year. I got dropped at Hatepe Hill on the first lap and then sort of died on the second lap. Finished about 11 1/2hrs.

Congrats on holding the record anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
        Hi Cassandra - let us know what you are in for - 80 or 40 kms and I'll add you to the team.

Cheers,

Donna
        Hi Donna - just picked up the thread again....Sorry I didnt reply earlier. Ive done 80 so know i can.....its just a matter of my getting the training in...juggling running of a couple of busineses, a husband (they are hard work) and a few school age kids (excuses excuses) Have booked my bike in to get serviced ...haven't ridden it yet...but getting road worthy is a start!

Comment

Jane - you are awesome. I haven't quite got my head around spending 10 hours on a bike yet - and this is from someone who didn't think twice about cycling through Thailand, Malaysia and Java!

Are you interested in doing the Autumn Challenge? I haven't done anything like that before but it looks a blast! I'd have to get training very seriously to do the 12 hour but the 6 hour looks achievable.

Any other events we could enter a PT "corporate" team into?
          Charging enough rent?
          NZ Scams to Avoid
          Add a sleepout to your rental property

Comment

Kalovatt - nothing sad about 6hrs dude, no doubt you have a goal of 5 and a half this time round? My first attempt was something like 5.45, then two lots of 4.52, then my first attempt at the Enduro where I got knocked off my bike and finished up in an ambulance, and finally the winning enduro which was pretty awesome ... so you're on the right track!
            Cassandra - yes I have a Tarzan :-) although his dream is to sail around the world whereas I'd prefer to pedal around ... I've suggested we just meet at the ports.
            Lissica - funny, maybe I know you? I was in the front bunch of about 16, there were about 80 entered that year. I stopped at the airport hill for about half an hour break, eat, change clothes etc, then I pretty much drafted the 2nd lap behind the huge bunches. Did a 5hr and 5.15, with the rest being breaks.
            SarahK - I'm doing that race! Haven't got a team yet though, but not sure whether to find myself a competitive team or just do it with a bunch of girls for some fun - but I'm definitely up for the 12 hr - 6 just isn't really enough of a challenge ... surely if you've biked around the world you'd be up for the 12?!

Comment

Yeah, I think I remember you that year- 2005 right? It's the only time I've ever done Taupo on a Road Bike.
              That bunch of 16 sounds about right. I don't think there were any other girls in that group, so it was probably you towing me up Kuratau Hill when there was a bit of a break
              I was on a red Cervello, trying hard to hang on.

Got dropped on Hatepe, rolled in to Taupo I think just over the 5hr mark, and then completely died on the second lap and took almost 6 1/2 hrs.

I'd love to do the double lapper again, now that I know what it's like.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the double lapper.

Paul.

Comment

Yay! Reading your posts is encouraging....do we have a few more willing participants? Please say who you are and what you are willing to achieve and I will update our Team List.

Also what is the procedure for registering etc? I am a 'Taupo Round the Lake Virgin'. I heard that it is fine to use the word 'virgin' and geez Richard Branson loves the word.

Cheers,

Donna
                  Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Originally posted by Yea'Na'Eh View Post
                    SarahK - I'm doing that race! Haven't got a team yet though, but not sure whether to find myself a competitive team or just do it with a bunch of girls for some fun - but I'm definitely up for the 12 hr - 6 just isn't really enough of a challenge ... surely if you've biked around the world you'd be up for the 12?!
                    I've had 2 kids since then
                    Charging enough rent?
                    NZ Scams to Avoid
                    Add a sleepout to your rental property

Comment

I am aiming for a sub-6hr single lap this year

Comment

And I am also planning on doing the K2 this year, which is fairly ambitious on my behalf. I did the 1/4K last year and after initial fear of seeing the size of the big hills, actually found it much easier than expected. K2 of course will be a different beast........

Anyone else contemplating this one??

Comment

I think I will do the K2 - training for that will keep me on track for the enduro.

Paul.

Comment

Newsflash!

Rueben (Erika) tells me that she is keen to join a relay team.

Paul.

Comment

OOOH PAUL!! LOL The way my legs feel right now I think I'm gonna have to think about it for a while before I make the big decision...

Paul and I just finished a 40km ride this morning in Hamilton - (my first one) Paul was good enough to bike with me - great support too - thanks Paul. (I bombed out on the hills so much more training is required!)
                              Last edited by rueben; 23-02-2008, 04:26 PM.

Comment

umm no reply from anyone.....are we going to do the event for PropertyTalk.com or are you more inclined to do your own thing? No worries either way - I understand it is a huge day - lots of riders, people etc so maybe it is better that we all do our own thing - this of course doesn't stop us from meeting up on the day (though that too may be way too difficult).

Cheers,

Donna
                                Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Working...
                                X