Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas 2007 Events

Hi All,

Glenn bought up an interesting idea that has been raised before by Propoholic and Whitt and maybe other Pters - and that is we need PropertyTalk.com buttons to wear at events.

It is hard to recognise other Pters at crowded venues and events so a pin on button is the answer.

With a number of regions now holding PropertyTalk.com Meets we can get buttons created for every region and a local business or person has the opportunity to sponsor the creation of these buttons and get their name on the button too.

Glenn has kicked it off for his region - Nelson. At the Christmas Party Event in Nelson we will hand out some of the buttons and the remainder will be given to the event organiser or sponsor to hand out at future events.

What's your thoughts on this idea? Marc also thought a table flag may be worthwhile creating for each region too.

Cheers,

Donna

Cheers,
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

I think it sounds like a great idea. I'd be keen to start thinking about a 'Tauranga / BOP' event at some stage soon. Last time I just printed out the PT logo on big A3 piece of paper and used one of the 'number' holders on the table to hold it. A bit tacky but it did the job. A nice flag would be great.
    Lisa

Comment

Maybe we can start with identifying the regions that need the buttons?
      • Auckland (does or should this include North Shore?)
      • Hamilton
      • Tauranga/BOP
      • Taupo
      • Hawkes Bay
      • Wellington
      • Nelson Sponsor: Glenn Morris - "Glenn's Vacancies Nelson"
      • Christchurch
      • Invercargill
      Umm have I got all of them? Are there others I am missing out?

Cheers,

Donna
      Last edited by donna; 14-10-2007, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Excuse me Miss! there is me way out west in Taranaki. No one else out here that I know off. I appear to be the only one on the map. I have tried to spread the word honest I have! ( but they are a bit backward, these country hicks you know) I had a hat embroided up with my nickname on it, so if you see it, say hello.

Comment

Hello sooty,

I noticed the omision too, although not in a sighing way directed at Donna. There are plenty of regional omissions on the list.

Donna, how about these to go on the list?

Dunedin
          Queenstown Lakes
          Taranaki
          Northland

and last but not least...

Kapiti

I too think it is a good idea.

xris
          Last edited by xris; 14-10-2007, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Yep we can put pleanty of regions on the list - however we need to have Pters in those regions keen to meet up.

The regions I listed are regions that have organised events so far. The more the merrier of course.

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

Is North Shore a part of Ackland?

Auckland (does or should this include North Shore?)

Oops, I've been so busy investing I have not realised North Shore is now a city on its own

Comment

Great idea Glenn/Donna,

I have noticed (especially with newbies) that many people are shy to come forward when they are not sure if the group of people they are approaching is the group they are looking for.

Do you have any costings that would allow us to approach potential sponsors?
                Scott Miller - Mortgage Broker
                Ph: 03 980 4541 M: 021 34 36 48
                AMS's website My email

Comment

Whitt and I have just been talking about the style of button and now I need to view some samples. So far the thought is to have the PropertyTalk.com logo at the top, a free form area in the middle for writing your name on it and at the bottom the Sponsor's name.

I'll check out the samples during the next few days and come back to you re. cost per button etc.

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

Yes Please for Wellington

Yep - identification is always a problem for us too... You can only go so far being the one at the table with the 'red rose' before you get other sorts of approaches...

Be in quick to be Wellington Sponsors! How much we talking $$?

Comment

We have the same problem down here in Chch at events and Keys has brought this up on more than one occasion. I always mean to bring stickers along and in fact have purchased a box for this reason but haven't taken it with me yet. Buttons would be cool. If they had a space for people to write their name then they could be given out at the event.
                      I also may have a sponsor
                      Last edited by Monkeyboy; 16-10-2007, 09:55 AM.
                      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Snookie View Post
                        Yep - identification is always a problem for us too... You can only go so far being the one at the table with the 'red rose' before you get other sorts of approaches...

Be in quick to be Wellington Sponsors! How much we talking $$?

I'll be looking at options this week and will let you know.

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

London

Don't forget about London....happy to run an XMAS get together for people here too!!

LK

Comment

Taranaki

Hi,Any lurkers out there from the naki, are you interested in a meet?

Comment

Here's a thought. Why not get all PT types to stuff a squeaky doll down their crotch, then all you have to do to find out if someone is a PT person is to squeeze a suspect's crotch.
                              Julian
                              Gimme $20k. You will receive some well packaged generic advice that will put you on the road to riches beyond your wildest dreams ...yeah right!

Comment

Working...
                              X