Header Ad Module

Collapse

Martin Hawes in Taupo 4 September

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • sarahd
    Taupo Event Organiser
    • Nov 2005
    • 308

    #1

    Martin Hawes in Taupo 4 September

    Hi

    Martin Hawes will be talking on "Buying, Selling and Mortgaging your house" in Taupo on 4 September at the Millennium Resort/Hotel.

    Contact me on [email protected] or 07 378 9444 for tickets ($10) - profits donated to Taupo Budget Advisory Service.

    Sarah
  • Omad
    Freshie
    • Mar 2007
    • 66

    #2
    Hi Sarah,

    What time is the talk?

    Thanks.

    Comment

    • sarahd
      Taupo Event Organiser
      • Nov 2005
      • 308

      #3
      6.30pm bar opens for a 7pm start

      Comment

      • hort1
        Opinionated
        • Jan 2004
        • 133

        #4
        Hi Sarah

        Will be there. Will tickets be available at the door??

        Cheer's

        Comment

        • sarahd
          Taupo Event Organiser
          • Nov 2005
          • 308

          #5
          Yes, but better if you RSVP so we can be prepared with numbers.
          thanks, Sarah

          Comment

          • NZGEMS
            Addicted
            • Jun 2005
            • 772

            #6
            I might come along Sarah Martin and I go way back so be good to catch up anyway, will confirm early next week, just will see if my husband wants to come, probably will just end up me though, he doesnt come to much with me. Happy to make you a $10 donation anyway, I thought it might be a good excuse to sus out the Taupo market too while there. Havent looked there for a while.

            Comment

            • Marcus
              Fanatical
              • Jun 2005
              • 1453

              #7
              We (Tauranga PIA) had Martin speak last year and he was great value. He spoke to a packed house on a number of topics keeping us all tuned in through out.

              Years back, I found his approach (book Property investment in NZ or something like that) to PI very conservative (Buy own home, pay off mortgage, save deposit, buy rental, save next deposit, buy rental...) Hell I would have been 55 before buying my first rental!

              Perhaps now that may be the safe way to play the game but 7 or 8yrs back the market was prime for the plucking.

              Listening to him speak more recently though was great and his comments were very applicable to the current market, down to earth yet still motivating.

              I may pop down for the evening.

              Comment

              • NZGEMS
                Addicted
                • Jun 2005
                • 772

                #8
                I will be there, Sarah as expected my husband doesnt want to come. Now i had better go on line to see if I can get a room for the night.

                Comment

                • NZGEMS
                  Addicted
                  • Jun 2005
                  • 772

                  #9
                  HI guys, good down to earth speach from Martin and I am sure very helpful for those wanting to get into their first or second home. Thanks for putting it on Sarah, i think you Taupo people should look at starting an investors club up there, made a great agent contact too while there so plan to be an Taupo investor real soon!!!
                  Nice to meet some of you the other night keen to meet more of you so next time someone decides to organise a get to gether let me know. or if it is far enough ahead post on here, not on all the time but do pop in every now and then.

                  Comment

                  • hort1
                    Opinionated
                    • Jan 2004
                    • 133

                    #10
                    Great Night

                    Thanks Sarah
                    for the night ,was great and to be the recipient of a book was a bonus.
                    Having these get together's in Taupo for the investors here is great,and thanks again for organising the night.

                    Cheers Warwick

                    Comment

                    • sarahd
                      Taupo Event Organiser
                      • Nov 2005
                      • 308

                      #11
                      Why don't we start a Taupo Property Investors Association? I wonder what is involved in getting that started ....anyone?

                      Comment

                      • donna
                        Administrator
                        • Aug 2003
                        • 10072

                        #12
                        I think the NZPIF may offer some set up support - you could contact [email protected] to find out. Please let her know I referred you as she may get a surprise so to speak.

                        Cheers,

                        Donna
                        Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk


                        BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

                        Comment

                        • NZGEMS
                          Addicted
                          • Jun 2005
                          • 772

                          #13
                          Great idea Sarah. It seems you have a good number of keen investors in Taupo.

                          There are some promising deals out there too if you sniff around I found a couple of maybe leads when down the other day so far hasnt lead anywhere but you never know, at least I have made a good agent contact.

                          Keep me posted I will try to make it to your first event (if I am in the country)

                          Comment

                          Working...