Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meth or P related - it goes here, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
    What a useless comment!
    The Labour Party says the government should write off that debt, but Social Development Minister Anne Tolley said that wouldn't be fair.
    have you defeated them?
    your demons

Comment

• Originally posted by eri View Post
      The Labour Party says the government should write off that debt, but Social Development Minister Anne Tolley said that wouldn't be fair.
      They are never going to pay back $60k and growing - which one is more realistic?

Comment

• so anytime anyone

incurs a debt they probably can't / won't pay back

it should be written-off?

doubt that'll work

doubt methadone programs + gov. sponsored crack + tinny houses will work either

but some say they have merit
        have you defeated them?
        your demons

Comment

• I think the fact she has 8 kids will get her far too much sympathy - plus who would admit to smoking P? Either way taking that much money from WINZ is just insane - even with 8 Kids one partner could at least work part time...surely...

"The Mangere woman, aged 28, has been put up in motels with her partner, 30, and eight children aged from 5 months up to 11 years for the past 10 months." So while they have been in this situation they decided to have more kids...

Maybe we should adopt China's philosophy of limiting kids you can have!!
          Finance Broker - www.creditone.co.nz

Comment

• Originally posted by eri View Post
            so anytime anyone

incurs a debt they probably can't / won't pay back

it should be written-off?

doubt that'll work

doubt methadone programs + gov. sponsored crack + tinny houses will work either

but some say they have merit
            No and this bit of the thread is probably not going to go anywhere.
            All I am really saying is there is more to the story than is shown by the simplistic reporting we have in NZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by snobilo View Post
              So while they have been in this situation they decided to have more kids...

Maybe we should adopt China's philosophy of limiting kids you can have!!
              Strange isn't it - some people can't help themselves.
              We only need to limit the number of children to 'some' people but that would be very very tricky.

Most people are sensible and limit the number of children they have to what they can afford.
              Some don't care (or don't know better or something) and, so long as the state will pick them up, will continue to do irresponsible things.

Comment

• WINZ has been really irresponsible in letting her rack up such a debt, knowing that she'll never be able to repay it. Once you're kickedout of state housing, that should be it - no more govt intervention housing for you.

As for the partner - why should he slave in back-breaking work when he can live in hotel cushiness for nothing? They'll eventually have to start paying back $5 per week, but in the meantime they've got free electricity, Sky TV.....the works. Great deal for them.
                My blog. From personal experience.
                http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Strange isn't it - some people can't help themselves.
                  We only need to limit the number of children to 'some' people but that would be very very tricky.

Most people are sensible and limit the number of children they have to what they can afford.
                  Some don't care (or don't know better or something) and, so long as the state will pick them up, will continue to do irresponsible things.
                  I would be curious to see how much "excessive children" is costing the state - in terms of benefits for the parents during their upbringing and potential/lack of contribution to society in their future - will they be on the benefit and rinse and repeat the same scenario? I think it is a neverending cycle and pockets of Auckland will get worse and worse if you just let people pump out babies they can't afford there.

I understand this may be sensitive to some people and is slightly stereotypical(born from common truths) and I mean no offense.

Comment

• you will never know what the true cost is.

Comment

• Originally posted by sidinz View Post
                      WINZ has been really irresponsible in letting her rack up such a debt, knowing that she'll never be able to repay it. Once you're kickedout of state housing, that should be it - no more govt intervention housing for you.

As for the partner - why should he slave in back-breaking work when he can live in hotel cushiness for nothing? They'll eventually have to start paying back $5 per week, but in the meantime they've got free electricity, Sky TV.....the works. Great deal for them.
                      Agreed. It was highly irresponsible of WINZ to allow this to go on for so long. I understand sometimes it is needed for a short period but this lady and her family milked it and will continue to milk as much as she can.
                      www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
                      # Property Management
                      # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

Comment

• On a side note, I'm unsure how easy it would be for her to find a home for all her 8 kids and partner!
                        www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
                        # Property Management
                        # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDreamer View Post
                          On a side note, I'm unsure how easy it would be for her to find a home for all her 8 kids and partner!
                          How easy is it to find a motel - must be several rooms.

If she really has polluted several homes already and HNZ won't take her why would anyone else?
                          As I say - more to this than meets the eye!

Comment

How easy is it to find a motel - must be several rooms.

If she really has polluted several homes already and HNZ won't take her why would anyone else?
                            As I say - more to this than meets the eye!
                            Perhaps this is the reasoning behind people living in tents and garages...

Comment

• Originally posted by snobilo View Post
                              Perhaps this is the reasoning behind people living in tents and garages...
                              Perhaps - or not.
                              A bit of a simplistic view really - the stuff of our reporters.

Like the stat that said 1/3 of building inspections failed then drew the conclusion it was due to 'shoddy workmanship'.
                              I had an inspection fail because I needed to fit a non-return valve so you couldn't draw water back up the shower rose if you put it in the toilet.
                              Nothing to do with workmanship.

Comment

• I needed to fit a non-return valve so you couldn't draw water back up the shower rose if you put it in the toilet.
                                Nothing to do with workmanship.
                                Would never have thought of that !! It would have to be a flexible shower rose that could reach the toilet bowl! I'm impressed with that level of detail in the inspections!

Comment

Working...
                                X