Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meth or P related - it goes here, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If she has been banned from state housing for P contamination shouldn't she be charged somehow given that we all know how illegal consuming or manufacturing drugs are? I'm surprised she can just move on with her life with no convictions related to her user after these findings.
    www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
    # Property Management
    # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

Comment

• Originally posted by Shalodge View Post
      Would never have thought of that !! It would have to be a flexible shower rose that could reach the toilet bowl! I'm impressed with that level of detail in the inspections!
      I didn't either!
      So far fetched really.
      Basically
      - can the shower rose reach out the shower door and into the toilet bowl or hand basin?
      - will it stay there if you take your hand off?
      - if yes to both then you need a non-return valve because you might use the rose to clean the basin or toilet AND leave it there AND the main water goes off AND the rose back siphons into the main water supply.

Easier to fit the valve than argue!
      But the point is it was a failed inspection but not shoddy workmanship.
      Be careful of conclusions drawn.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDreamer View Post
        If she has been banned from state housing for P contamination shouldn't she be charged somehow given that we all know how illegal consuming or manufacturing drugs are? I'm surprised she can just move on with her life with no convictions related to her user after these findings.
        Supposedly she has been banned because a property in her name was comtaminated.
        No evidence SHE did it so you can't prosecute HER.

Comment

• I didn't either!
          So far fetched really.
          Basically
          - can the shower rose reach out the shower door and into the toilet bowl or hand basin?
          - will it stay there if you take your hand off?
          - if yes to both then you need a non-return valve because you might use the rose to clean the basin or toilet AND leave it there AND the main water goes off AND the rose back siphons into the main water supply.
          I would be more impressed if it could be confirmed that outside taps, which could be connected to hoses, which could be left sitting in all sorts of dangerous liquids, also required non return valves?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
            Supposedly she has been banned because a property in her name was comtaminated.
            No evidence SHE did it so you can't prosecute HER.
            Yes, fair point. Although, even if she wasn't the person who smoke P and contaminated the property, I still feel that as a tenant it is her responsibility to ensure that no illegal activities are undertaken in the premises. Whether that is enough to prosecute her ... probably not.
            www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
            # Property Management

Comment

Yes, fair point. Although, even if she wasn't the person who smoke P and contaminated the property, I still feel that as a tenant it is her responsibility to ensure that no illegal activities are undertaken in the premises. Whether that is enough to prosecute her ... probably not.
              It happened 3 times too...Can you really take her word? But hey if they go to prison theyll probably eat better have a better bed and get sky tv still.
              Finance Broker - www.creditone.co.nz

Comment

• Originally posted by snobilo View Post
                It happened 3 times too...Can you really take her word? But hey if they go to prison theyll probably eat better have a better bed and get sky tv still.
                So true, unfortunately.

I'm still having a hard time to go past the 8 children for a 28 year old part
                www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
                # Property Management

Comment

• Childcare Subsidy is a payment that helps families with the cost of pre-school childcare.

"How much you get depends on the size of your family, your income and how many hours a week your child goes to the childcare provider."

More kids = more income...maybe this is the new form of investing?

Comment

http://www.workandincome.govt.nz/pro...sidy.html#null

"How much you get depends on the size of your family, your income and how many hours a week your child goes to the childcare provider."

A colleague of mine was telling me that in France they encourage working families to have children. With each child, your tax rate reduce (up to 3 children then your tax rate is somewhere near 0%!). At least with that system it encourages parents to work rather than stay home and earn benefit!
                    www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
                    # Property Management

Comment

A colleague of mine was telling me that in France they encourage working families to have children. With each child, your tax rate reduce (up to 3 children then your tax rate is somewhere near 0%!). At least with that system it encourages parents to work rather than stay home and earn benefit!
                      Interesting way of doing it - this is a bit Nazi but how about applying to have kids and having to show your affordability. But that would just open a can of worms, how do you moderate that, people having babies at home etc. Mind you China is doing it with 1 child per family.

Comment

• I think Japan have a similar system which encourages working parents to have children. Although, I do not enough about it but I think it was for 'wealthy' couples and I am unsure how their criteria for 'wealthy' is.
                        www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
                        # Property Management

Comment

Been like that for a while now - not so new.

Comment

Interesting way of doing it - this is a bit Nazi but how about applying to have kids and having to show your affordability. But that would just open a can of worms, how do you moderate that, people having babies at home etc. Mind you China is doing it with 1 child per family.
                            Encouragement is one thing - applying to have a child - Jeez, talk about draconian.

Comment

Whether that is enough to prosecute her ... probably not.
                              You can't lock someone up for something you can't prove they did.
                              Imagine you knew someone who stole something - you did nothing about it - they lock YOU up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                Encouragement is one thing - applying to have a child - Jeez, talk about draconian.
                                I know, but my partner is a Nurse and she had a child in the other day who has 16 siblings....The kid was sick due to overcrowding in her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X