Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meth or P related - it goes here, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think the local house was a lab, I doubt the occupants would have the brains for that kind of setup. P was being sold, aledgedly, from the house. My guess that was to pay for their own habit. There's no external evidence of the police raid or any warning signs. Unless a neighbor has told them I highly doubt the LL has any idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by cube View Post
      I suspect it is poor wording, but have asked for clarification.
      Response from AMI
      If your rental is a long term rental and not a holiday rental or short period rental, then this would apply once they have passed the 90 days.
      DFTBA

Comment

• "If your rental is a long term rental and not a holiday rental or short period rental, then this would apply once they have passed the 90 days" So this implies any periodic tenancy, where there is a claim for meth under 90 days will be voided?

Comment

• Hi, can someone check the new ami policy for me please not sure if it means we are required to test between each tenant now or not?????. If so we have to use an approved tester????
          Under unlawful substances I'm looking at:

a) You are not covered for any loss or damage, expense or liability in connection with the presence at
          the rental house, of any ‘controlled drug’ as defined in the Misuse of Drugs Act 1975.
          This exclusion does not apply to:
          i the cover provided under ‘Methamphetamine contamination’ cover or ‘Lost rent’ cover on
          pages 6 and 9.
          ii loss or damage caused by accidental spread of fire or explosion.
          iii liability as a residential landlord caused by, through or in connection with your ownership of the
          rental house and/ or landlord’s contents, provided that:
          a) you, or the person who manages the tenancy on your behalf, have fully met the landlord’s
          obligations i to iv under ‘Your responsibilities’ on page 14; and
          b) you, or the person who manages the tenancy on your behalf, have tested for the presence
          of methamphetamine before and after each tenancy of the rental house, such testing
          having been completed in accordance with the New Zealand Standard NZS 8510 or by an
          operator approved by us, and such testing confirmed that methamphetamine contamination
          at the rental house does not exceed the contamination level for a methamphetamine
          manufacturing laboratory.

Comment

• Originally posted by north shore View Post
            b) you, or the person who manages the tenancy on your behalf, have tested for the presence
            of methamphetamine before and after each tenancy of the rental house, such testing
            having been completed in accordance with the New Zealand Standard NZS 8510
            Such a standard does not exist as at today's date.

www.3888444.co.nz
            Facebook Page

Comment

• The whole thing is a bit of a joke.

Comment

• I'm wondering aloud about ignoring the whole issue of p usage.
                What about not testing for p and not checking if a tenant has used p in the property.
                If no testing is done then what would happen?
                I've recently let a house and the p topic wasn't mentioned.
                When they leave, I won't test for p or try to claim any damage from p.
                What could go wrong?
                If the next tenant asks about the p level, I'll simply reply that I haven't tested for p.
                It's up to them if they want to continue with their application.

Comment

• Meth Alarm
                  What ever happened to that dodgy outfit that was trying to sell a meth sniffer device that you installed in the ceiling and it set off an alarm if meth was used in the property?
                  In theory, that device should have stamped out the meth problem by now.
                  Didn't it work?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Kane View Post
                    I'm wondering aloud about ignoring the whole issue of p usage.
                    What about not testing for p and not checking if a tenant has used p in the property.
                    If no testing is done then what would happen?
                    I've recently let a house and the p topic wasn't mentioned.
                    When they leave, I won't test for p or try to claim any damage from p.
                    What could go wrong?
                    Didn't that come up not long ago? A tenant taking their LL to court for failing to provide a safe environment because a former contaminated the property. It wasn't picked up until someone caught a cold or wet the bed or something?

Comment

• There was a refund of the tenants rent for 6 months or so - sure, that could be a problem.
                      Is there a way to mitigate that?
                      If no-one does a meth test then how could the problem arise?
                      Equally, who is qualified to take a meth test?

Comment

Equally, who is qualified to take a meth test?
                        In this country? Currently - nobody.

www.3888444.co.nz
                        Facebook Page

Comment

• Well this certainly would not have helped us, the tenant moved in on the 2 may (without paying the week in advance rent so we learnt) and the house was raided on the 21 July. No 30 days there.

Comment

Meth Alarm
                            What ever happened to that dodgy outfit that was trying to sell a meth sniffer device that you installed in the ceiling and it set off an alarm if meth was used in the property?
                            Didn't it work?
                            MethMinder
                            A - they still exist
                            B - could only stamp out the issue if everyone had one (and they couldn't just be covered)
                            C - useful maybe for P labs so long as you get the right room

Comment

Meth Alarm
                              Didn't it work?

I heard that the renters just took them down and continued to either cook or smoke, also it was found a new house built and not rented had levels of "P" it was apparently because one of the tradesmen had smoked "P" while under construction so it was decided that any Tenant could deny the use and blame it on a tradesman, door to door sales man etc. I still dont understand how that could happen but the tenant has all the rights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Keys View Post
                                In this country? Currently - nobody.

When we had our test taken the technician marked and took pictures of the exact points he tested and then these were sent to Hills. While I know nothing about the testing process I did think the technician was professional and the report provided showed all the points tested. When we test again I guess they take them at the same point to have a reference.

Also Keys you said there are no standards from today, do you have any idea when they will release the new standards?

Comment

Working...
                                X