Tenancy Clauses to add to tenancy agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keys View Post
    I take a deposit when they confirm they want it. The rest is collected upon signing the TA.
    If they change their mind do they lose their deposit?

Comment

Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
      If they change their mind do they lose their deposit?
      They lose their deposit, letting fee as well as two more weeks rent. Been to Mediation on this very point. Boy, were they pissed off at having to pay. I let them off of the application fee. They thought I was being petty but were abashed when I said the law " required " that they pay the applicaiton fee.

www.3888444.co.nz
      Facebook Page

Comment

Stuff.co.nz mentioned a few of those clauses from the first post in a story today

Comment

Some good clauses. I have added a few from this post. Thanks

Comment

New one. Tenants must declare any new criminal convictions as they occur

Comment

And if they don't . . . . ?

Comment

Clause: No weapons or firearms are allowed on the property without the landlords written permission

Comment

The tenant[s] agree to their details and rent payment record being given to any credit reporting agency.

Comment

Tenants agree to have their pre-tenancy application form be used as evidence in the courts

Comment

• What is your reason for including this clause?

Comment

• And why would tenants need to agree to that being in a TA?

Pre-tenancy application forms usually require tenants' authorisation to with check credit records and with referees, so that sort of "this may be used" thing could be on that application form.

Also, I suspect that where any judicial, Court or Tribunal action was involved, all tenancy-related records would be discoverable and admissible, by default, without anyone needing to give permission.

Different for a private organisation like a credit reporter.

See: Privacy Act section 6 (2) (d)

Comment

• Originally posted by TOMMY View Post
                          Tenants agree to have their pre-tenancy application form be used as evidence in the courts
                          Page 6 on our TA:

The application form which the Landlords Agents received for this tenancy, from the tenants, shall form part of this Tenancy Agreement as also does the offer of tenancy form. If the tenant completed an online application, the tenant acknowledges they have a received copy of their application via email.

www.3888444.co.nz
                          Facebook Page

Comment

• As a landlord the tenancy application was used against me in the Tribunal. Tenants fostered a child after they started the tenancy and TA had listed 2 adults. Unfortunately for me they had applied to rent through a PM (listing agent) who had subsequently offered them the property but the PM did not tell me that they were considering fostering. Because it was written on the application (which I never saw) it was valid. As the PM was my agent I should have been told about their plans. Long story short the application supplied by the tenants (as I didn't have a copy) was upheld in TT.
                            Last edited by Perry; 12-01-2018, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• As it should have been.

www.3888444.co.nz
                              Facebook Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                I have never cleaned the carpet in my PPOR.
                                8.5 years is the longest, so far, that we have lived in one place and the carpet is fine.
                                The carpet started as new (since I built the places) but it didn't need cleaning every couple of years - given the average tenancy period is less than 2 years that's a lot of cleaning over the life or a carpet.
                                You know Wayne honestly i find that simply terrible. Personally i would never move into any place unless i knew the carpets had been cleaned ,I'm not talking vacuumed Wayne . Cleaned properly with steam .I think most ""civilized - non jungle"" tenants would feel the same way, its just icky thinking that someones debris , nose pickings and general bacteria from the last 5 years or so are waiting to jump right on them as soon as they enter

Comment

Working...
                                X