No announcement yet.

Tenancy Clauses to add to tenancy agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of extras to add in the interests of keeping mould , mildew and ex-jailbirds at bay :

50] Only those listed on the Tenancy Agreement to live at the property
    51] Ventilation: Tenant agrees to keep the property well ventilated at all practical times when the tenant is personally in residence to prevent the build-up of mould and mildew.
    Last edited by Perry; 18-03-2018, 04:28 PM. Reason: formatting

Comment

• Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
      You know Wayne honestly i find that simply terrible. Personally i would never move into any place unless i knew the carpets had been cleaned ,I'm not talking vacuumed Wayne . Cleaned properly with steam .I think most ""civilized - non jungle"" tenants would feel the same way, its just icky thinking that someones debris , nose pickings and general bacteria from the last 5 years or so are waiting to jump right on them as soon as they enter
      Wow - you dragged that up after a long time.
      Maybe you don't have a decent vac or don't do it as often as you should because my vac is great at picking up nose pickings etc.
      I had the carpet cleaned to see how it went - bugger all came out of it after all that time (you get to see the mess).
      Maybe we are cleaner than you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
        Wow - you dragged that up after a long time.
        Maybe you don't have a decent vac or don't do it as often as you should because my vac is great at picking up nose pickings etc.
        I had the carpet cleaned to see how it went - bugger all came out of it after all that time (you get to see the mess).
        Maybe we are cleaner than you?
        I dont know any jungle bunnies that would move into a place without proper carpet cleaning no matter how good your vacuum cleaner is Wayne ..Would you want to lie down on the same bed sheet for life even though it got vacuumed but never cleaned?

Comment

• We have had our carpets cleaned that I can remember a total of zero times in 30 years of home ownership. Unless it gets stained, or you have a crap vacuum, or you are filthy, why would it need cleaning?

Comment

• Originally posted by fuzzlevalve View Post
            We have had our carpets cleaned that I can remember a total of zero times in 30 years of home ownership. Unless it gets stained, or you have a crap vacuum, or you are filthy, why would it need cleaning?
            Really? I find that incredible tbh. Do you apply the same theory to bedsheets?
            You want to see the incredibly dirty water that comes from the clean then you'd know why its necessary to do, regardless of how ""clean living"" tenants may be.

Comment

• Carpet manufacturers recommend to prolong the life, appearance and durability they be professionally cleaned once per year. TT hold a similar position that a carpet left reasonably clean is sufficient. re a proper carpet clean also can be viewed as a maintenance matter and therefore a landlord expense. For what it costs to clean a carpet v the cost of replacement becomes a no brainer.
              Other side to this is a carpet can appear reasonably clean to the human eye yet water is left dark black after a pro shampoo.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
                Really? I find that incredible tbh. Do you apply the same theory to bedsheets?
                You want to see the incredibly dirty water that comes from the clean then you'd know why its necessary to do, regardless of how ""clean living"" tenants may be.
                Bedsheets - different story.
                Carpet and dirty water - as I said, I got the carpet cleaned and water was clean.
                Maybe we are cleaner people, have a better vac or do it more often and better - I don't know but the water was pretty clean after 9 years.

Comment

• That story doesnt add up.
                  Even a reasonably clean carpet wouldnt leave clear waste water thru a professional carpet cleaning machine - the cleaning agents leave the water ultra murky at best. Black at worst. This is in fact normal. As described most carpets can appear clean on surface to the human eye only. A proper carpet treatment needs be seen as much a maintenance matter as a cleaning issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharon View Post
                    That story doesnt add up.
                    Even a reasonably clean carpet wouldnt leave clear waste water thru a professional carpet cleaning machine - the cleaning agents leave the water ultra murky at best. Black at worst. This is in fact normal. As described most carpets can appear clean on surface to the human eye only. A proper carpet treatment needs be seen as much a maintenance matter as a cleaning issue.
                    It is an expense that is generated only by the premises being occupied by the tenant so it is fair and reasonable they need to have the carpets cleaned at their expense. Technically they don't need to use a professional carpet cleaner but if i book one in because they haven't and it is needed because they haven't cleaned them properly - judged by the pro - then they do get charged. It is advisable to state on your TA that you ""recommend"" they use a pro carpet cleaner. Note use of the word ""recommend"" as technically one cannot enforce them to do so.

If the place was vacant their would be no need to clean carpets, the same applies to many other household chattels. Some expenses that are ongoing whether the place is tenanted or not such as the fixed component of the water rates are payable by the landlord not the tenant.
                    Last edited by mrsaneperson; 25-03-2018, 01:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                      Bedsheets - different story.
                      Carpet and dirty water - as I said, I got the carpet cleaned and water was clean.
                      Maybe we are cleaner people, have a better vac or do it more often and better - I don't know but the water was pretty clean after 9 years.
                      Well i just don't know people in general that would be prepared to move into any premises where the carpet hadn't being steam cleaned for 9 years without cleaning blimey . Vacs don't remove as much dirt and debris like steam cleaning processes, their is dirt and bacteria everywhere ,it comes in the air and lands on surfaces. Its amazing you had no one complain about the fact that you never steam cleaned the carpet but I'm guessing the tenants didn't ask.

Comment

• Add the use of vaping and e-cigarettes to the non-smoking clause.

Comment

• Tenants are not to allow any bookings from short term letting websites including but not limited to airbnb

Comment

• When completing a TA, how do y'all deal with an infant?

Either existing or imminent.

Comment

• I would usually list the infant. On a new TA i left off the addition of a 4 year old due to the fact he will be there 4 days on 4 days off so i was told. In reality its often different to what we've been told.
                              Maximum number of occupants for a TA is very important.
                              On a recent discussion with a landlord he had given a couple a 90 day notice simply for the fact they now had a baby and were limited to only 2 occupants on the TA. I thought that was pretty harsh.
                              A baby generally wouldn't add any extra encumbrance to a TA. I think water was included in the TA but he could have got them to sign a variation of tenancy clause to enable a water increase bill which would be effective immediately as long as both parties agree,

Comment

• Tenancy services told me to issue a 14 day notice to reduce the number of tenants back to the contracted number.

www.3888444.co.nz
                                Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                                X