No announcement yet.

Photographer threatening to take me to small claims court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re highlight what you asked him for and tell him when he delivers you will pay him 100%.

Comment

If the photographer is savvy, he'll return and take some more shots rather than be subject to a social media campaign against him
      DFTBA

Comment

Write to the photographer setting out your position ie photos not up to standard, fuzzy etc etc.

Advise that you are more than willing to pay the full price.... when he supplies you photographs as you requested and described and that are up to industry standard (not photographs taken by your Nana!!)

Should he wish to take you to Small Claims Court (Disputes Tribunal?), you will claim all costs involved in getting to the Court date/time ie flights, accommodation, vehicular travel/hireage.

Then do nothing but wait and see what he does.

Important point - make sure all correspondence is in writing ie snail mail, email, or fax. Gives you proof.
        Patience is a virtue.

Comment

C'mon team, don't be silly. The Disputes Tribunals handle claims made at a distance every day - by using a telephone.

I suggest sending him the 50% cheque with a letter advising it is in full and final settlement. Obviously keep a copy and evidence of posting - courier is safer.

Comment

Winston has it! Make sure that the wording is undeniable:
            viz. presentation of the cheque for $x constitutes full and
            final acceptance of your 50% offer.

From your comments, it seems you have a dispute. Very
            important that!

I suppose you could initiate the Disputes Tribunal Claim?
            That means you will appear in person at your local DT
            venue and the pixperson will be on the phone. Maybe
            that would give you a slight advantage? In my (limited)
            experience, that's often the case.

Comment

When I was at disputes tribunal it was very important to show that you had given the contractor the chance to remedy poor workmanship. This was plastering but the concept may still apply? I would offer the chance to redo the photos.
              Plan and invest wisely - You only get one life so make the most of it!

Comment

Working...
              X