Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing or ditching Property Manager

Hi,

We plan to change PMs, and will probably manage our IP ourselves, as long as the insurance company is ok with that. I've done a search on here but haven't found my answer, sorry if it's been done to death.

Do I get the tenant to sign a new TA? Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Residential? No. You take on the exisiting tenancy agreement. You do get the outgoing landlord to sign a change of landlord form and send it to the DBH. You also need to provide your tenants with your contact details as well as a bank account for rent deposits and a date for the change of rental paymentd to become effective.

www.3888444.co.nz
    Facebook Page

Comment

Ah thanks for that. Cheers.

Comment

From whence comes the notion that an insurance company has
        any interest in a PI using a PM or self-managing? Or are you
        confusing inspections, which are an issue for some companies?

Comment

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's just to do with inspections, but one of the questions they asked us was 'will it be managed by a PM firm', and, being mistrustful of insurance companies in general, I don't want to give them any reason to refuse a claim.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainLoo View Post
            Yeah I'm pretty sure it's just to do with inspections, but one of the questions they asked us was 'will it be managed by a PM firm', and, being mistrustful of insurance companies in general, I don't want to give them any reason to refuse a claim.
            I expect they think that a "PM firm" will do a better job. Maybe they will, maybe they won't (as we have read in these forums).

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
              I expect they think that a "PM firm" will do a better job. Maybe they will, maybe they won't (as we have read in these forums).
              Yes, well, ours came highly recommended, and have won awards, but nothing has gone right for us from the start. Might just be unlucky, but I'm totally over it, I worry more about them than the tenant.

Comment

Bigger firm? Maybe you have been allocated a new PM in the firm who is learning with you.

www.3888444.co.nz
                Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Keys View Post
                  Bigger firm? Maybe you have been allocated a new PM in the firm who is learning with you.
                  No, small firm only four people. It started when they forgot to advertise the rental and has gone downhill from there.

Comment

Working...
                  X