Header Ad Module

Collapse

Real Estate Investor online magazines

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • donna
    Administrator
    • Aug 2003
    • 10072

    #1

    Real Estate Investor online magazines

    Hi All,

    I am a registered subscriber to the Aussie and NZ Real Estate Investor online magazines however I no longer get notification of the latest issues - is anyone else experiencing this?

    I doubt my subscription has been cancelled by anyone - as that wouldn't be ethical would it? Funny how the notifications have just stopped though....hopefully it has nothing to do with the activity that happened in these forums in Sept/Oct 06.

    Cheers,

    Donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk


    BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here
  • Monid
    Philophaster
    • Feb 2004
    • 3062

    #2
    Hi Donna

    I didn't get a notification either now that I think about it, still I think it is probably only out today, so it might be winging its way to us shortly

    David
    New to property investing? See: Best PropertyTalk Threads for New and Old Investors And/Or:Propertytalk Wiki

    Comment

    • donna
      Administrator
      • Aug 2003
      • 10072

      #3
      I didn't get a notification for the October issue. I have found out I have access it the magazine though so my subscription is there.

      ...I wonder if the email message is being picked up as Spam my our filter?

      Cheers,

      Donna
      Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk


      BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

      Comment

      • Monid
        Philophaster
        • Feb 2004
        • 3062

        #4
        My spam filter here has been getting very militant at the wrong times. And not militant enough with actual spam, so I am getting plenty of opportunities to extend the length of delicate bits and gift my bank account details to chaps from Nigeria who just want to give me heaps of money, but most of the automatic notifications about journal articles aren't getting through.

        Humbug!
        David
        New to property investing? See: Best PropertyTalk Threads for New and Old Investors And/Or:Propertytalk Wiki

        Comment

        • RentMaster
          Addicted
          • Jun 2005
          • 914

          #5
          FYI - I received notification of the new edition today at about 5pm. It got through my 2 layers of spam filters.

          Comment

          • Gerrard
            ***** Junkie
            • Jan 2004
            • 1093

            #6
            Originally posted by RentMaster View Post
            FYI - I received notification of the new edition today at about 5pm. It got through my 2 layers of spam filters.
            Me too
            (and I'll add a few more words here to reach the minimum 10 character length for a post. Never thought there would be a minimum!)

            Comment

            • Monid
              Philophaster
              • Feb 2004
              • 3062

              #7
              Originally posted by Gerrard View Post
              Me too
              (and I'll add a few more words here to reach the minimum 10 character length for a post. Never thought there would be a minimum!)
              Yep, its caught me a couple of times as well. I got my notification this morning UK time.

              Cheers
              David
              New to property investing? See: Best PropertyTalk Threads for New and Old Investors And/Or:Propertytalk Wiki

              Comment

              • donna
                Administrator
                • Aug 2003
                • 10072

                #8
                umm in the junk folder - might have got caught by a key word rule I have set up.

                Cheers,

                Donna
                Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk


                BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

                Comment

                • muppet
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2003
                  • 10593

                  #9
                  Hi Guys

                  I got notification yesterday.

                  I am afraid nzoomail spam filters are b........ awful because I received a zillion spam emails as well.

                  Regards

                  Comment

                  • cube
                    Thinking outside the square.
                    • Jun 2005
                    • 5076

                    #10
                    Originally posted by donna View Post
                    umm in the junk folder - might have got caught by a key word rule I have set up.

                    Cheers,

                    Donna
                    You shouldn't have "Property" as a junk mail keyword, Donna!

                    DFTBA

                    Comment

                    • whitt
                      Fanatical
                      • Jun 2005
                      • 3922

                      #11
                      checked my outlook junk mail filter and found this months issue.
                      It is quite good i thought for the price.
                      check out page 38 for a guest appearance by a pt member.
                      Found it easier to navigate if you select full screen button.

                      Comment

                      • Monid
                        Philophaster
                        • Feb 2004
                        • 3062

                        #12
                        Indeed, I think it is probably worth the cost, namely the time spent reading. I think I said on another thread that I consider it about the same quality as KPI was (which could be read either way) and I am much happier paying nothing for it, but still getting to read it. The Aussie equivalent is also not bad either.

                        Thanks for the plug Whitt, I was trying to be coy about it on the whole being uncomfortable with self promotion front, but I'm now outed Btw, I'm going to be contributing on a regular/monthly basis, at least until the editor decides she can't put up with my spelling and lack of grammar and boots me. If anyone has any topics they would particularly like me to address, then please PM me.
                        No promises though, I'm only going to write about something if I think I have something useful to say (Yeah right David You are thinking that's why you have posted over 800 times...)

                        The next two column will be (I think in this order, but its up to the editor):
                        Property Gurus, Educators and Sage Kings: Which picks up on some of the issues raised in the thread on the characteristics of good property educators and gives my opinion on these.
                        Don’t count your capital gains chickens before they have hatched or why that goose might not be so golden
                        Which discusses the tricky issue of figuring out your profits on disposal once you take inflation into account. And why this is important.

                        In terms of navigation, yep full screen is essential. And why oh why doesn't it turn the page if you scroll wheel down beyond the bottom of the page. The online books my Uni library has access to do this, and it makes reading them much easier. With the Djvu set up (or whatever it is called) especially if you haven't full screened it, its read down to the bottom, scroll back up click next page. Gets a wee bit irritating.

                        Cheers
                        David

                        PS now you all have to respect my opinion here on PT that bit more...
                        I'm no longer just that self important philosopher who won't shut up,
                        Now I'm "respected property writer"... along with the self important philosopher...

                        As I believe Cartman said: "respect my authoritah"

                        And admire my fallacious argument from authority
                        New to property investing? See: Best PropertyTalk Threads for New and Old Investors And/Or:Propertytalk Wiki

                        Comment

                        • Re@der
                          Addicted
                          • Jan 2006
                          • 570

                          #13
                          David
                          I cant see the logic of measuring capital gain against inflation, surely the best comparitive measure is what else you were doing with any equity compared with the net position after sale.
                          eg. did you do better than leaving the money in the bank. or so long as there was a positive net gain then it was better than not using the equity in your home.
                          Doug

                          Comment

                          • Monid
                            Philophaster
                            • Feb 2004
                            • 3062

                            #14
                            Hey Doug

                            Absolutely you also have to count opportunity cost. The issue that I will bring up is that unless you count inflation you might be fooling yourself, and end up actually losing money on disposal. I should say that what inspired the article wasn't talking to investors, but was actually to home owners who sold their house after a few years for what looked like a substantial profit... Actually once you inflation adjusted and checked the expenses, in real terms they lost money rather than gained it, but they would never know because the nominal amount of money they got from the sale was greater than the nominal amount of money they put in as a deposit, so they thought they had profited. That said it also applies to investors, the easy option of just holding for some years and then selling once capital gains have kicked in looks a lot more rosy unless you inflation adjust.

                            So yes you are right, the money is better off in houses or other investments than the bank, but if you want to actually figure out your net position after sale, then you have to inflation adjust...

                            Here endth that particular rant

                            David
                            New to property investing? See: Best PropertyTalk Threads for New and Old Investors And/Or:Propertytalk Wiki

                            Comment

                            • spaceman
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2004
                              • 2817

                              #15
                              Some fun to be had with this one

                              Property Gurus, Educators and Sage Kings: Which picks up on some of the issues raised in the thread on the characteristics of good property educators and gives my opinion on these.


                              For some good ammo have a look at

                              Many new customers are overwhelmed by my list of 21 real estate investment books. Here is a suggested sequence for buying and reading them.  


                              Here is an alphabetical list of famous real estate investment gurus and seminar organizations along with information about them which investors may find of interest. Where I have a relevant product, it is mentioned and linked to the appropriate page. The Federal Trade Commission has a similar page although they are rel


                              Some people say John T Reed is a "hater" and a "dream stealer" ...but I like his style.

                              I also like his "BS" detector

                              Time and time again he asks straightforward questions from various people .... and guess what ....they often get ignored.

                              Cheers
                              Spaceman
                              Last edited by spaceman; 25-11-2006, 04:35 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...