How good is your 'other' planning? Do you have a "rentals
estate" plan? One that allows for you to be either absent,
incapable or dead? Have you selected and engaged the
necessary tradespeople and professionals who would replace
you (for your spouse and/or children) to cover for you in the
case of some unforseen event? Have you arranged power of
attorney? Have you (by default) left it all in the hands of
your Family Trust trustees?
As I see it, there are five core professionals that are needed:
accountancy, legal, carpentry, plumbing and electrical. Sure:
floor covering layers, interior decorators, joiners, glaziers, . . .
the list could go on. But a competent five (as described)
should have those contacts, don't you think?
I've concluded that Property Managers even tenuously
worthy of the title, are few and far between, in NZ!
(Take a bow, Glenn - you're the only one I know of that befits the title.)
Do you have anything written down for such an eventuality?
So do tell: what do you have planned for this sort of
(inevitable) [st]age of life?
estate" plan? One that allows for you to be either absent,
incapable or dead? Have you selected and engaged the
necessary tradespeople and professionals who would replace
you (for your spouse and/or children) to cover for you in the
case of some unforseen event? Have you arranged power of
attorney? Have you (by default) left it all in the hands of
your Family Trust trustees?
As I see it, there are five core professionals that are needed:
accountancy, legal, carpentry, plumbing and electrical. Sure:
floor covering layers, interior decorators, joiners, glaziers, . . .
the list could go on. But a competent five (as described)
should have those contacts, don't you think?
I've concluded that Property Managers even tenuously
worthy of the title, are few and far between, in NZ!
(Take a bow, Glenn - you're the only one I know of that befits the title.)
Do you have anything written down for such an eventuality?
So do tell: what do you have planned for this sort of
(inevitable) [st]age of life?


Comment