Header Ad Module

Collapse

60k, what would you do as a noob?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • n00b_vestor
    Freshie
    • Jun 2020
    • 1

    #1

    60k, what would you do as a noob?

    Hey, i got 60k and I wanna start into getting my first property to buy and hold.

    I have created a set of points i want in a house including ROI, goal rent/mortgage ratio and min rental yield. I have a goal in mind and i think my plan covers that high level.

    But i wanted to know what I should keep in mind. My goal is to buy and hold for a min 5 years. Is that right thinking? (mainly cause interest only loans are limited to 5 years i think)

    Let me know any tips around negotiating mortgages, offers, making an offer, talking to realtors and how to find the right deals. (currently i wrote some code which scans the web and gives me houses that fall within my search params). How do i identify the right deal? I watched a bunch of BiggerPockets videos on youtube but dont know if US markets relates to NZ.

    Thanks
  • PC
    Fanatical
    • Apr 2004
    • 2172

    #2
    Do you have your own place or are you paying rent?
    Buying your own place and getting flatmates can be a good start.
    The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

    Comment

    • Don't believe the Hype
      Fanatical
      • Apr 2016
      • 2159

      #3
      5 years is not really a buy and hold period...

      by saying your horizon is 5 yrs then you're not looking for a yield play you're likely to be chasing a capital gain.

      I think you need to get very clear on WHY you want to be a property investor

      Comment

      Working...