No announcement yet.

Consents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think if you'd seen this determination and the precedents it quotes, things might have been different?
    My blog. From personal experience.
    http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sidinz View Post
      Do you think if you'd seen this determination and the precedents it quotes, things might have been different?
      They seem to be dated this year

Comment

So hang on, according to that determination, you don't actually need a building consent to relocate, you only need one for the associated tasks - connecting services, foundations etc.

So how is it that councils demand a re-site report? Demanding floorplans etc of proposed relocatable? And how is it that I recently heard of a relocation project in Auckland held up by the council for 8 months over a consent? Sounds like they are overstepping themselves. (Again.)
        some district plans might require a report on second hand buildings?

you still need to satisfy planning rules

Comment

Yep, for my project (Rotorua) I will need a resource consent anyway.

Are building consents usually tied to the value of the work? If so, this could be a game-changer for some people. The value of the foundations/drainage etc. would give rise to a much smaller consent fee.
          It would also be interesting to see how the development fee rules are worded. If it talks about 'building works' rather than other things like 'additional dwelling' there could be wriggle room there, too, depending on the council involved.

Comment

Are building consents usually tied to the value of the work? If so, this could be a game-changer for some people. The value of the foundations/drainage etc. would give rise to a much smaller consent fee.
            It would also be interesting to see how the development fee rules are worded. If it talks about 'building works' rather than other things like 'additional dwelling' there could be wriggle room there, too, depending on the council involved.
            Here they use valuer to estimate improvement value and charge you I think 2% in fees

Comment

Originally posted by AlFa View Post
              Here they use valuer to estimate improvement value and charge you I think 2% in fees
              Is that for the building consent?

Comment

Is that for the building consent?
                No, after you get CCC. Can take some time though. I still haven't paid anything for house signed off last June

Comment

So they've reinstated the development contributions?

Comment

Not yet. It's reserve contribution

Comment

you dont pay dev levy on everyt BC just those that have a new household established?

Comment

Originally posted by John the builder View Post
                        you dont pay dev levy on everyt BC just those that have a new household established?
                        Yep but in Sidinz and my cases we add another dwellings either aux or full size

Comment

You shouldn’t pay levy unless new separate household is established
                          If you maintain it is a single household then should not apply? Or avoid resource consent or bc

Comment

Originally posted by AlFa View Post
                            Not yet. It's reserve contribution
                            Yeah, right. Like the council will use this money from infill housing to create new reserves in existing suburbs.....

Comment

Gotta grimace at this: "council director of business transformation and insight."

Councils? Do that? Yeah, right.

Comment

Working...
                              X