Hi Guys
I was wondering if anyone had any accurate information on the breakdown of property ownership in New Zealand. In particular, what are the stats on:
1. The number of people that own one, 2-5, and higher than five properties?
2. The average debt carried by an investor?
I remember years back the Govt at the time was thinking of introducing the idea that anyone with five properties would be treated as a commercial owner of the property by the banks but from memory, this legislation never came to pass. As a result, some statistics were laid out on the breakdown of ownership, but I have not been able to find these since.
The debt question is related.
My feeling is that most investors hold one property and not more than 3. The property forms part of their investing strategy with some shares and Kiwisaver. I think this is a message that needs to push by the property investors associations more than ever. Property, in the main, appears to be nothing more than a way hard-working New Zealanders try and save for their retirement, excluding flipping and trades, of course, but that is not investing but is another category of making money from property. My interest is the investor market.
If anyone has those stats, it would be great to see them.
I was wondering if anyone had any accurate information on the breakdown of property ownership in New Zealand. In particular, what are the stats on:
1. The number of people that own one, 2-5, and higher than five properties?
2. The average debt carried by an investor?
I remember years back the Govt at the time was thinking of introducing the idea that anyone with five properties would be treated as a commercial owner of the property by the banks but from memory, this legislation never came to pass. As a result, some statistics were laid out on the breakdown of ownership, but I have not been able to find these since.
The debt question is related.
My feeling is that most investors hold one property and not more than 3. The property forms part of their investing strategy with some shares and Kiwisaver. I think this is a message that needs to push by the property investors associations more than ever. Property, in the main, appears to be nothing more than a way hard-working New Zealanders try and save for their retirement, excluding flipping and trades, of course, but that is not investing but is another category of making money from property. My interest is the investor market.
If anyone has those stats, it would be great to see them.


Comment