Leaky homes and smart solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaky homes and smart solution

It's been a while since leaky homes has become an issue to many New Zealander and many people has been loosing all their live savings over this. Most companies out there taking advantages due to ppl's poor knowledge in this area saying they have no option but to reclad. Reclad estimates are never anywhere close to actual figures. Many times real costs are 3-4 times higher resulting many people loose everything or go bank rupt. also there is the time factor. a year estimate takes 2-3 times longer. you have rental loss and mortgage and huge reclad bills to pay. These days most reclads are more expensive then rebuild.

Am wondering anyone here knows any smart group/ people / company who are genuine and actually can provide solution to this issue by proper repairs? Under building consent like for like and closing down all water entry point and future weather proofing with technology or so forth. quite interested to hear if anyone here has anything to share. I am currently dealing with one and reclad/rebuild will make quite a few people loose their home and i would like to give my best shot to save it for them.

Thanks in advance and your comment is much appreciated.

Hi Kartick,

Welcome to PropertyTalk. A re-clad is probably the best solution in most cases. We've seen it happen around us - townhouses stripped back and reclad - makes sense. Where's your property? Was it a new build? More information please

cheers,

Donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Help is there...

Originally posted by Kartick View Post
      It's been a while since leaky homes has become an issue to many New Zealander and many people has been loosing all their live savings over this. Most companies out there taking advantages due to ppl's poor knowledge in this area saying they have no option but to reclad. Reclad estimates are never anywhere close to actual figures. Many times real costs are 3-4 times higher resulting many people loose everything or go bank rupt. also there is the time factor. a year estimate takes 2-3 times longer. you have rental loss and mortgage and huge reclad bills to pay. These days most reclads are more expensive then rebuild.

Am wondering anyone here knows any smart group/ people / company who are genuine and actually can provide solution to this issue by proper repairs? Under building consent like for like and closing down all water entry point and future weather proofing with technology or so forth. quite interested to hear if anyone here has anything to share. I am currently dealing with one and reclad/rebuild will make quite a few people loose their home and i would like to give my best shot to save it for them.

Thanks in advance and your comment is much appreciated.
      Contact Step up Group in Auckland they will provide the most accurate diagnosis possible of a building without removing the cladding or damaging the walls and No they are not using the thermal guess work technology.
      They also can offer options to ensure the building life is as it was designed to be.

Comment

Working...
      X