Real Estate Agent - Getting a Sweet Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by datacraft View Post
    Real-estate agents market on fear and greed.
    That may be a bit harsh.

As I see it, the "average Joe/Jill" is at a loss when dealing with a large value item, being something that happens a few rare times in their lifetime.

No such doubts assail the minds of traders.

When did you last see a private arrangement funeral, with no Funeral Director involved?

Comment

Originally posted by datacraft View Post
      You can operate the complexities of a web browser so you have more than enough brains to sell it yourself. Real-estate agents market on fear and greed. My last purchase was a private sale it was an absolute pleasure not to have to deal with a ***** agent!
      All assets are traded on fear and greed. By everyone.

Are saying when you bought you were less greedy than if you were buying through and agent?

And are you also saying that the vendor was less greedy because they weren't dealing through an agent?
      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

I'm just saying you don't need to use agent that's all.

Comment

And you don't have to get top dollar either.

Comment

Its perfectly legit to do a private funeral arrangement, the main issue there is dealing with it all the myriad of jobs at a really tough emotional time. My mother has said she wants me to do hers privately which means I organise the cremation and death paperwork, and organise a private ceremony, probably at the local boat club or next door bar. She's in her 70s now so its not likely to be a sudden death, and frankly, i'd like to do it for her. Watch the TED talk by Caitlin Dougherty (she has written some books too, brilliantly funny) about why we have funerals - pretty much comes down to fear of doing something wrong. Its not like you're going to kill someone if you mess it up!

Comment

Some Things Aren't So Simple

Where will you store your mum's body, between death and cremation?
              Who will move the body (and how) to the crematorium?
              Etc.

In my case, I thought it was hard enough just taking the service.

Comment

Well I would say just take the deal. A lot of buyers prefer to use agents because there are so many rules and regulations to get through and buying privately there could be issues that are undisclosed to the purchaser by the private vendor.
                Selling is swings and round abouts, that agent may have done months of open homes on another house that did not sell, then the owner takes it off the market. That is a lot of work for nothing, it balances out when they get a double wammy like your house being next door to one they have spent a lot of time marketing.
                Last edited by Perry; 06-12-2017, 12:33 PM.

Comment

I'm guessing that if she dies at home we phone the crematorium and they pick up. That's what the book i read said. obviously i'll be doing some more research when it starts to look necessary....you don't need a funeral director to do all the organising....much like you don't need a real estate agent and don't (in many cases) need a hospital to give birth.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                    Where will you store your mum's body, between death and cremation?
                    Who will move the body (and how) to the crematorium?
                    Etc.

In my case, I thought it was hard enough just taking the service.
                    If she dies in the hospital they will after her
                    Take her straight up to crematorian in your car

Comment

BBB- Beano's Budget Burnings!
                      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Remainds me of a story from a few years back. The undertakers in Te Awamutu had to go out to Raglan to pickup a deceased. Sat him in the back seat of the car and picked up a hitch hiker on the way back. Hitch hiker commented on how quiet the chap was.

Comment

Working...
                        X