Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• And Oldie But Goodie

Something to read to tenant prospects when having an Open Home?

Comment

• Parts of my school sit on former quarries. So there are a few rock walls around the place, largely bordering playing fields. A couple of these have traditionally been used by climbers and the school has a relationship with the local mountaineering club.

In the wake of the new health and safety act, the Board has sought legal advice re the climbing walls. The upshot of that is that the walls are now closed and fencing hired to close them off. The community has lost a popular asset over this ridiculous piece of legislation. The climbers are hardly at work when they climb, but it affects them anyway, because it happens to be a workplace for other people. Madness.
        My blog. From personal experience.
        http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

• ∆ what year do you teach?
          have you defeated them?
          your demons

Comment

• Originally posted by eri View Post
            ∆ what year do you teach?
            Currently secondary, but most of my career, upper primary/intermediate.

Comment

• You've lost me, so I'm going for 'no.'

Comment

• they are my son's female teachers at o'connor's school

just wondering's all
                have you defeated them?
                your demons

Comment

• Wrong school.

Edit: Just clicked. If he has Green, he's a senior (Biology?) and I don't teach at that level this year.
                  Last edited by sidinz; 22-06-2017, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
                    Lanthanide has explained it.

It is possible to rate a thread (it's up the top, in the black band), but not rate a post - as far as I know.
                    so what about that little + sign on the bottom right of each post. ever tried clicking it?

Comment

• Originally posted by sidinz View Post
                      Parts of my school sit on former quarries. So there are a few rock walls around the place, largely bordering playing fields. A couple of these have traditionally been used by climbers and the school has a relationship with the local mountaineering club.

In the wake of the new health and safety act, the Board has sought legal advice re the climbing walls. The upshot of that is that the walls are now closed and fencing hired to close them off. The community has lost a popular asset over this ridiculous piece of legislation. The climbers are hardly at work when they climb, but it affects them anyway, because it happens to be a workplace for other people. Madness.
                      Doesn't sound right to me. How do the walls become a workplace? Recreational space maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking View Post
                        so what about that little + sign on the bottom right of each post. ever tried clicking it?
                        Yes. That allows several posts to be gathered into quotes, at the start of a reply.

Comment

• doesn't matter if it makes sense

what matters i,s does the legislation allow prosecution of 1 party

if they are deemed from not doing enough

to stop stupid people hurting themselves on property they own/control

personally i think should mean that dog attack owners be fined $5000

per bite

if the attack happens on their property

$10,000 per bite on public property

Last edited by eri; 23-06-2017, 01:36 PM.
                          have you defeated them?
                          your demons

Comment

• Problem with that concept Eri is that imposing such a fine is one thing, actually extracting the money is quite another.
                            As with feral tenants, they just stand there and stare the law down.
                            And, of course, if Nick Smith is involved he wouldn't want one unfortunate 'mistake' by a dog owner to result in 'unreasonable punishment' - just as he doesn't want an 'unfortunate mistake' by a tenant which results in accidential damage to my property to result in 'unreasonable punishment'. Only a Landlord shpould have to suffer like that.

Comment

• Agree that a partial amputation of a finger is a big deal and should never happen but read on... the other lost time incidents are comical...

This world has gone crazy... a lost time incident because a spanned slipped and the person got a cut on their hand!!! WTF
                              And another one where someone dropped something and it hit their ankle and they went OUCH - had to sit down for a little while and rub their ankle!!
                              Next we'll be taking time off for a shaving cut and having to document it.
                              Last edited by Perry; 01-07-2017, 12:55 PM. Reason: fixed formatting

Comment

Working...
                              X