I am currently looking at a townhouse(adjoining with one other, about 8 total in the complex). It has a unit title and is 3 bedroom, fully renovated. There is a second lounge area off the staircase which appears could be closed off with a small internal wall and door to create a 4th bedroom. There is one velux window in the room but potentially it could require one more if closed off - it is a 'loft' style room with no perpendicular walls.
1) Would I require any kind of council/building consent to do this?
2) Would I face any difficulties due to it being on a unit title?
3) I suspect the rental price would increase which would have some effect on the value?
4) How can I get an idea of the potential increase?
On a related note, there is only one bathroom with a shower + sep toilet (no bath), plus with the existing reno I expect the current value is quite high for the complex.
Thanks
1) Would I require any kind of council/building consent to do this?
2) Would I face any difficulties due to it being on a unit title?
3) I suspect the rental price would increase which would have some effect on the value?
4) How can I get an idea of the potential increase?
On a related note, there is only one bathroom with a shower + sep toilet (no bath), plus with the existing reno I expect the current value is quite high for the complex.
Thanks


Comment