Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First home buyer....need help ..conditional offer accepted..not sure who to approach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First home buyer....need help ..conditional offer accepted..not sure who to approach

Hi I have signed the conditional S and P Agreement; however the LIM has two statements which are confusing me

- Requisition: Spouting requires extending into rainheads Clips ALS downpipes: application status is Dormant

- Building Permit : Dwelling : Status Issued
    Status notes:
    Building permit Issued- Permit issued prior to Building Act 1991 taking effect. CCC were not required
    Construction Review- Consent approved but a final code of compliance for this property has not been issued

how do I be sure that this does not bite me in future.

Also, neither the LIM nor title have the document that shows the original house design so not sure would that be an issue as the property has an ensuite and the vendor and agent says that it is legal.

Please advise ....

well if a coc wasnt required it wasnt issued it would be like wanting a coc on a house built 100 years ago

Comment

We can all tell you what we think but you need to get your lawyer to advise. That's what you pay them for. Especially when you are a FHB not an investor.

Comment

You should check with your lawyer but sounds like it might not be a major. If the house is really old you might just want to make sure it is insurable without re wiring.
        Hamish Patel | ph: 09 625 4693 | mob: 021 625 693
        My Website
        Be informed - register for our free monthly newsletter

Comment

Finally have done builder report and following concerns were noted ; if anybody can suggest whether I should go ahead with this property. The vendor is ready to negotiate on repair costs.
          This is a a three bedroom fibre cement weatherboard home built in the 1990s. During the inspection there were some areas found that require repair and/or maintenance. The whole house has been tested for moisture levels and the readings indicate the home to be DRY in most areas, there is however obvious moisture ingress in the garage and interior stairway due to the condition of the roof and windows.

Please advise is it worth going ahead with this property

1. Cavity M D NI • The home does not have a cavity system

2. Interior stairway
          Page 31 Item: 1 Wall • The retaining wall behind the interior stairs is of the same construction as the front retaining walls and in the same condition, this is contributing to the elevated moisture readings and should be redesigned and replaced Page 33 Item: 8 Lights and switches • Incomplete installation Page 33 Item: 10 Moisture Readings • Several readings were taken and some were within the middle range and indicate the room to be DAMP, this is due to the condition of the roof above and the wall behind this area Moisture 40 to 79

Page 18 Item: front deck and garage below 12 Asphalt/Membrane roofing
          • The whole roof has been checked for cracks, cuts, punctures, tears and moisture spots and there appear to be some large areas of concern present resulting in moisture ingress in the rooms below and rotten framing timber, repair or replacement is require

another bedroom: 3. Ceiling M D NI • Painted gib board or similar product • Water staining indicating previous roof leaks, this area is currently dry

Comment

Not an expert, but IMO it all depends on the price of the property and whether you are willing / able to organise and fund repairs. Problem retaining walls are not normally DIY jobs and can be expensive to remedy.

Bear in mind that inspectors are highly risk averse, not really surprising these days, so may offer some worst case scenarios to protect themselves. Insurance companies and banks are also risk averse so worth checking with them.

Having said all that, problem properties can be an excellent buy. Or not, of course. We have done very well indeed from a couple of problem properties, though we did know more or less what we were getting into and had the skills to remedy.

Comment

Already leaky it will never be the same and you will always wonder when the next leaks will appear. Run Forrest run.

Comment

Roof and moisture = flashings or lack of. Because of its age and cladding unless you are a builder I would not proceed. These things can be remedied quite easily and successfully if you know what you are doing, if not will cost you to have someone sort for you over time.

Comment

Working...
                X