Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property Mentor Wanted

Hi all,

I am after a bit of experience in property and would love to work beside someone who is actively involved in the property market.

Will be happy to help out in any way possible whether it be doing tasks, chores or getting my hands dirty.

I am a 22yo who has recently finished a Bachelor of Engineering and is returning to New Zealand in May after a year of skiing/traveling.

I don't want to be paid for my time, gaining experience is currently far more valuable to me.

Will be based in Auckland but open to any offers.

Please message me if you would like to talk.

Thanks!

Luke

Try wwoof.
    I have an engineer and an architect working for me at the moment

Comment

Hey Eugine,
      I am not after engineering work. More interested in shadowing an active property investor.
      I will have a look at wwoof now.
      Thanks

Comment

Actually you would struggle to identify the property investors who wwoof, so on reflection not such good advice from me, sorry

Comment

The usual recommendations apply to you Idf15 - read lots, join a property investor association, actively participate in these forums and go to a property investment event.

cheers,

donna
          Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Can come cut gorse in Riwaka.

Can teach you all you need to know about brush cutters?
            Plan and invest wisely - You only get one life so make the most of it!

Comment

What part of Auckland are you from, do you live in.

Will you have a car with a tow bar.

Comment

Originally posted by ldf15 View Post
                I am not after engineering work.
                Why do a deg in engineering then?

Comment

Live in St Heliers.

And thanks for the gesture Scott but I will pass.

I did engineering because I enjoy solving problems.

Comment

My stepdad is an engineer and I work with many naval engineers.
                    I feel like the following applies:
                    dave the civil engineer walks into a bar after jumping off a ten speed bicycle.
                    Barry his engineer mate asks him what's going on.
                    Dave goes on to tell Barry about thirty minutes prior as a beautiful blonde model approaches him in the street on a bike and throws her clothes on the ground and screams to Dave to "take what you like"
                    "Good job" Barry says, "the clothes probably wouldn't have fit you anyway"

Comment

Originally posted by ldf15 View Post
                      Live in St Heliers.

And thanks for the gesture Scott but I will pass.

I did engineering because I enjoy solving problems.
                      If you were on shore I could have paid you $100 a day now and then to do odd jobs
                      I think you have the right thinking but a little off track on how to do it.

I would research and read and work at the coal face.
                      Ron Fong is close to you.
                      I suggest working with him, or local APIA group to get started.

Sounds like you have no money, and to get started you need deposit funds or access to them, and then get on the ladder.
                      To create some equity.

Sean Woods books are great, so are Ron's.

Comment

Sorry didn't mean to be cheeky!

Comment

Cool thanks guys.

I have worked on a few engineering projects and have saved up enough for a deposit but am planning to start with JV with parents (who have commercial portfolio).

I love reading material so I will have a look at those authors.

Comment

That's a shame - gorse cutting is great fun and great for thinking.

I usually surf the net, get some s & p sent through, then cut some gorse while thinking about offers and life.

Have a coffee break, then ship them back to the agents and then go cut some more gorse.

Always so much gorse and it grows so bloody fast - great that brush cutters are cool tools though!

Make sure you buy one!!!!
                            Plan and invest wisely - You only get one life so make the most of it!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottSI View Post
                              That's a shame - gorse cutting is great fun and great for thinking.

I usually surf the net, get some s & p sent through, then cut some gorse while thinking about offers and life.

Have a coffee break, then ship them back to the agents and then go cut some more gorse.

Always so much gorse and it grows so bloody fast - great that brush cutters are cool tools though!

Make sure you buy one!!!!
                              Can recommend potato's in tin foil in the embers once your burnt em delicious

Comment

Working...
                              X