• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More bulk building and less bespoke

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
      More bulk building and less bespoke
      If it was that simple, everyone would be doing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by elguapo View Post
        Everyone wants their house to be different.
        They are starting - cost will be a big driver.
        Works overseas.
        Back in the 50's they produced a lot of houses by using just a few plans, a team going section to section for floor
        followed by another for walls etc

Everyone isn't doing it because they are too small and don't get enough jobs in the same area.
        Generation Homes guarantee 90 days which is pretty good - they seem to meet it to.

A number of years ago someone did a 'comprehensive development' near my home - the houses popped up like crazy, all built basically at the same time.
        One developer produced the lot rather than sold sections for bespoke houses.

Comment

• Wayne is on to it: individuality kills!

Originally posted by elguapo View Post
          Doing it - perhaps. But getting
          buyers for them - perhaps not.

Comment

• We have another here - lots of 2 bedrm places, 2 joined.
            Each pair the same but I'm surprised how different they look.
            Different bricks, colour facia, roof etc.
            Looks fine, was produced fast at a good price I believe.
            Retirement type places here - HCNZ rents (or maybe owns) quite a few.
            Lovely street, well looked after, doesn't look dowdy or cookie cutter at all.

Comment

• More stuff on the Auckland situation.

The Auckland housing bubble and shades of 1987

Auckland's housing boom could prove unstoppable

Most people expect house prices to climb further

EDIT
              Added extra link
              Last edited by Perry; 15-05-2015, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• Funny that 1987 was always remembered as the sharemarket crash.

In my 19 years in NZ, I have never heard there was a property market crash in 1987.

Comment

• Originally posted by donthatetheplayer View Post
                  People are always bashing Auckland Council because the problem isn't solved today.
                  Sometimes it's well deserved. The now-canned
                  $10M council meeting room being a good example.
                  Or should that be bad example?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Lin View Post
                    Funny that 1987 was always remembered as the sharemarket crash.

In my 19 years in NZ, I have never heard there was a property market crash in 1987.
                    And you being "A student of the property cycle "

Comment

• The 'shades of 87' article puts the lie to a number of things said here.
                      Those with a short experiance (even if they think they are 'seasoned') don't realise that the current situation in Ak is different.
                      They may believe that 'things have changed' but have they really?
                      That is always the answer when there is a huge divergence from the 'norm' - it is the new norm.
                      Poppy boom, railways boom, dotcom boom yada yada.

The provinces may die if the Govt doesn't do something.
                      We used to make trains - now we import ones full of asbestos from China and make the train makers unemployed.
                      Not that I am a fan of regional employment schemes that create inefficient business but were the trains from here really too expensive when all the costs are added up?

When something gets really out of alignment there is always an adjustment - how big and when is the question.

Comment

• And buying trains from an almost-bankrupt country like Spain is better? haha!

We are in the information age now, it's all driven by modern day technology and doing things online/electronically.

Gone are the days of industry age.

But at least we still need food/wine/milk power on the table =)

The provinces need to use their strengths and develop industries that are tailored to that effect.

Comment

• What a load of bollocks Gary.

The Dunedin railway yards closed in 2011-12 (ish) employed many skilled workers- who in turn supported families and local businesses. More short sighted policies from gov't got them buying crap rolling stock and trains from China that then needed millions spent to fix- a great solution to a non existent problem- they pay themselves enough, why not support skilled NZ tradesmen, A country can only have so many unskilled poorly paid baristas, shop assistants, fast food workers and life coaches.

Lots of great stuff happening in the provinces would be good to see some investment from the gov't, despite what you up there may think Auckland needs the provinces- when the provinces are strong so is the rest of the country.

Craig

Comment

• Well ask the government that sold the railways in the 70s or 80s under Rogernomics or Muldoon or whoever did that.

Then ask the government or kiwirail who decided to buy trains from china.

I ain't got any answers and I don't ever intend to.

Comment

• On and on the hex spurts careen.
                              Ways to make Auckland property speculators pay fair share

Not Auckland specific.
                              House prices up nearly $23,000 in April

Comment

• should be

Ways to make Auckland Council allow affordable housing

either way

the link is dead

goes no where

is finito

no more

Last edited by eri; 15-05-2015, 09:09 PM.
                                have you defeated them?
                                your demons

Comment

Working...
                                X