No announcement yet.

Which political party will benefit property investors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really it's not, look at the trends. The last pole could easily have been a blip, there is very little evidence Collins has been a factor, she's been under fire for months now. The message is very clear, since Cunliffe took over, Labours polling has been terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leftette View Post
      You know what is a crock, Meehole? The fact that ANY people are still waiting for insurance or EQC to sort them out in Chch. That these people still exist in that situation this many years after the events is an absolute disgrace that reflects very badly on the Govt. No excuses for it.
      You have absolutely no idea Leftette!! Having spent the past 2.5 years there involved in the rebuild and dealing with insurance companies and the clients I know a truckload more than you'll ever know. When I write a book you will be the first to receive a copy. And what situation might that be Leftette? The few that are still arguing over their payouts or the 100's thousands that have benefitted by having a new house built or refurbished to a state better than it was pre earthquake??

Comment

• Originally posted by speights boy View Post
        I think the members of the earthquake stressed public who were there deserved better.
        They were the ones with questions for the panel.
        There is a time and place for such discussions and the majority of those that are still waiting on repairs will typically have extremely complicated repairs to be done, the low lying fruit was picked first in terms of repairs to homes.

Comment

• I'm not politicising the issue, Meehole. Regardless of who was in power, for there to still be not an insignificant number of people awaiting resolution IS an absolute disgrace (after this period of time). Do you deny that? Sure, those who've been fixed up number greater, and that's great, but don't you dare belittle the people who have yet to be fixed by trying to minimise their loss or number.

Comment

• And what of those who claim their initial repairs were shoddy and were done to a cost ceiling, not a quality one, and now require a lot MORE money spent on repairing the repairs? But whatever, I have no idea.

Comment

I'm not politicising the issue, Meehole. Regardless of who was in power, for there to still be not an insignificant number of people awaiting resolution IS an absolute disgrace (after this period of time). Do you deny that? Sure, those who've been fixed up number greater, and that's great, but don't you dare belittle the people who have yet to be fixed by trying to minimise their loss or number.
              Are you not familiar with the squeaky wheel?? Don't believe everything you hear and read. No one is belittling them. In some cases it is like you and I trying to obtain a resolution, you think one way and I think another, neither party budges. There aren't as many as you and the rest of the public are led to believe.

Comment

And what of those who claim their initial repairs were shoddy and were done to a cost ceiling, not a quality one, and now require a lot MORE money spent on repairing the repairs? But whatever, I have no idea.
                Well that's what happens when there is a shortage of good tradespeople and exactly what will happen if Labour attempt to build 100,000 houses. Every home owner get to sign off their EQC repairs, if they weren't happy they didn't have to sign. It was that simple. EQC/Fletchers in my opinion do have something to answer for but it also very hard to make silk out of a sows ear. You need to see the state of some of those places prior to the earthquake. Anything above $115,000 inc gst was undertaken by the insurance companies. Considering the cost of a geotech report is $10,000 and the engineers report is another $10,000 and Fletchers commission is 8% it doesn't give a lot of repairs for the balance.

Comment

• Originally posted by elguapo View Post
                  The headline is wrong, it should be Labour Vote Collapses under Cunliffe . . . .
                  It could well be another of those elections where
                  the tart observation goes something like:
                  National didn't win the election - Labour lost it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
                    It could well be another of those elections where
                    the tart observation goes something like:
                    National didn't win the election - Labour lost it.
                    I think it's likely to be truer this time than most. There are a lot of people out there not that thrilled with National, but look at Labour/Green/NZF/Internet Mana government with no strong leadership, and hold their nose to vote blue.

Comment

• I'm surprised there are not more Act voters in this microcosm of right-leaners. They are the ONLY party I've heard that actually vocalise support for LESS GOVERNMENT. Something that I've heard a number of people here yearn for.

Comment

I'm surprised there are not more Act voters in this microcosm of right-leaners. They are the ONLY party I've heard that actually vocalise support for LESS GOVERNMENT. Something that I've heard a number of people here yearn for.
                        I've voted ACT before but will never do so again.

I like their policies, but they seem to be a totally dysfunctional party. They continually shoot themselves in the foot.
                        Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• You didn't come down the river on the last cabbage boat then Davo ?

As an aside.
                          The sharemarket today seems to have little fear of a Labour win.
                          Four power companies up between 2.2 % and 4.0 % today.
                          All paying very healthy dividend yields as well.
                          Last edited by speights boy; 05-09-2014, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by speights boy View Post
                            Depends how desperate the Greens are to be in Govt.
                            I reckon their desire could be strong enough to produce enough compromises to work with Nats.
                            Especially if Labour implode next month.
                            This was posted one month ago.

Comment

• Oh you magical soothsayer you SB!

I guess they must be getting pretty sick and tired of being out of government.

Their red policies are just so unpalatable to so many people I guess.
                              Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
                                I guess they must be getting pretty sick and tired of being out of government.
                                Just imagine the effect on the opposition block IF they did jump ship though.

Comment

Working...
                                X