Which political party will benefit property investors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
    I assume there are laws allowing security agencies to lay charges or arrest or
    whatever, people who are acting against national security.

I guess before they do that, they might want to meet with people to talk to
    them about their actions. Not sure if they can compel them to do so, but
    wouldn't be surprised to learn that they can.
    How do we think national security is involved? From the
    little I've seen, it seems more like National Party security.

It all looks a tad unsavoury to me.

Comment

• A complaint has been laid.
      There is now a process as laid down in the legislation if the IG considers it should be investigted.

What EXACTLY is your problem with this particular part of the process perry?

Also, why did you post this in this particular way ?
      to the PretentiousIG?
      Last edited by speights boy; 01-09-2014, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• It will be fascinating to see how many National voters see this for what it is and cast a protest. Whether that protest:

1) Is not voting
        2) A vote to the right - Act/Cons or even NZ 1st
        3) A vote to the left

Remains to be seen.

Probably a little of all 3, where option #3 would be those people who have been swing voters up to now. Wouldn't surprise me if the majority of protesters chose #1.

Comment

• A hung parliament would be great as a correcting influence to the NZD. Bring it on!

Comment

• Vote to the left is too scary to contemplate. Imagine a Labour/Greens/Internet/Mana coalition!
            You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

• Originally posted by Leftette View Post
              It was Meehole who said he was right of National, not SB. Meehole, aren't you a fan of Chemtrail Craig? I'm glad, because we really need a crowd in parliament who, like Edward Saafi (5th on the Conservative's list and destined for parliament if they make the 5% threshold) believe that the anti-smacking law is to blame for youth suicide, prostitution and sexually-transmitted infection.

http://www.whaleoil.co.nz/2014/09/sm...ed-infections/
              Yes Leftette I am a fan of Colin, voted for him last elections when he stood in Rodney, voted for him as Mayor of the Supercity (I am at least not in any responsible for Len Brown being there) and an admirer of Christine Rankin. Actually Compass tells me my views are more aligned with Act.
              I think you need to reread that article of Whale Oils. Full of cynicism he has also skewed it somewhat.
              Edward Saafi holds a doctorate in biomedicine and lives amongst the kids and families he is talking about. I don't think he's a dummy.
              I'm a firm believer of spare the rod and spoil the child. I think there is more damage done by verbal abuse than by the occasional clip across the ear.
              Christine Rankin I think highly of and admire.
              Not a Winston fan saw him too many times inebriated in the Dispensary Bar in town years ago and a certain exiled member of NZ First is a friend of mine. I know which one I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meehole View Post
                I think you need to reread that article of Whale Oils. Full of cynicism he has also skewed it somewhat.
                Not Slater's article

Smacking ban's 'suicide link'
                Asked if he thought there was a direct link between the anti-smacking bill and youth suicide, Saafi said: "It's just common sense, really.
                It's our way of thinking parents have a role to look after their kids, including disciplining them.
                If the law tells the child that mum and dad can't discipline you any more, they will do whatever they want, including these other alternatives like suicide.

It's quite appalling."
                Monique Faleafa, a doctor of clinical psychology who is chief executive of Le Va, which delivers a Pasifika suicide prevention programme, said: "The reasons why Pasifika people attempt to take their own lives are very complex; there is never any one thing but we know family violence is a risk factor - exposure to family violence in your early years is a significant risk factor.

"There is no evidence to support [Saafi's] comment."
                www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/10443905/Smacking-bans-suicide-link

Comment

• This from The Standard

Why Is John Key Not Compelled to Give Evidence Under Oath?
                  I have today sent an open letter to the Inspector-General of Intelligence and Security to ask why Mr Key is not required to attend her inquiry and to give evidence under oath. The letter is attached.

Dear Inspector-General,
                  continued here
                  I have today sent an open letter to the Inspector-General of Intelligence and Security to ask why Mr Key is not required to attend her inquiry and to give evidence under oath.  The letter is attach…

Comment

• Originally posted by speights boy View Post
                    Also, why did you post this in this particular way ?
                    Already answered that.

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                    How do we think national security is involved? From the
                    little I've seen, it seems more like National Party security.
                    Do you have a view on this being a threat to NZ's National
                    Security such that the Inspector-General of Intelligence and
                    Security needs to be involved? Seems to be a distraction
                    from whatever the real issue is. Or what the Standard's
                    corespondent thinks it should be:

It is that question that, above all others, must be answered
                    by your inquiry; a failure to address it directly would be widely
                    regarded as an attempt to protect Mr Key.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
                      Already answered that.
                      The question was why you felt the need to use the highlighted letters P, I and G.
                      Can you show where you answered that please.

Do you have a view on this being a threat to NZ's National
                      Security such that the Inspector-General of Intelligence and
                      Security needs to be involved?
                      Yes I do have a view.
                      I don't think NZ's National Security was threatened.

However, I do believe there should be an inquiry for these reasons:
                      To discover whether:
                      • the SIS acted properly and within the law (including its statutory obligation of political neutrality) when it considered and responded to an Official Information Act request from Whale Oil blogger Cameron Slater in 2011

• the documents released to Slater were properly declassified; and

• other requests for similar information were treated in the same way.
                      I believe the Inspector-General is the appropriate person to conduct this inquiry.
                      Last edited by speights boy; 01-09-2014, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• (Monique Faleafa, a doctor of clinical psychology who is chief executive of Le Va, which delivers a Pasifika suicide prevention programme, said: "The reasons why Pasifika people attempt to take their own lives are very complex; there is never any one thing but we know family violence is a risk factor - exposure to family violence in your early years is a significant risk factor.

"There is no evidence to support [Saafi's] comment.")
                        I can only comment from my own experience, friends son aged 18 attempted suicide, he was not subject to family violence but it appears the effects of smoking marijuana caused depression. Another colleagues daughter last year at high school succeeded, it was discovered she had been sexually violated by a teacher. Neither of them were smacked as children, far from it.

Comment

• Meehole - as SB points out, Saafi's beliefs are clear. I don't care how many letters the man has after his name, this is an example of sheer stupidity. But you dodged the question. Do you agree with him (and therefore disagree with Monique Faleafa) that "sparing the rod" leads to suicide, whoring and STDs?

Comment

• Hahaha http://www.sunlive.co.nz/news/81268-super-size-me.html

Comment

• Leftette its one mans opinion, what was reported (whether its accurate or not who knows with the media these days, "Saafi said the legalisation of prostitution had led to children "sneaking off at night to get extra pocket money" and returning home with sexual infections, the treatment of which stretched their parents' budgets as they paid medical bills. Saafi's Facebook pages link to a story about sexually-transmitted infections, to which he has added the comment: "New stronger gonorrhea strain sending clear message to human society". so the word whoring is your take on it. If he has evidence of children sneaking off in the night to have sex to get extra pocket money who am I to argue?
                              I said spare the rod and spoil the child and I agree with that. I am not an islander and I don't know anything about their customs and values but he is and will do.
                              As far as the Conservative Party is concerned I believe that they have endorsed Ross Robertsons Manukau City Council (Regulating Prostitution in Specified Places) bill and it has also been reported that Colin Craig doesn't support the repeal of prostitution law reform.
                              How the media choose to interpret what someone says as we know is not always correct or word for word.

Comment

• I guess that pretty much sums up his views on obesity and healthy eating! Well spotted.

Comment

Working...
                                X