Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Residential PIs: Why would you vote National on 20 Sept 2014?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meehole View Post
    You're a twat!
    So I am a "twat" just because you wholeheartedly support Conservatives and I cant see why I should ?

That comment was totally unecessary for the discussion. Will give you the benefit of doubt because of your use of exclamation mark which I presume is because you say that in jest.

Colin Craig might be a property owner, but you have to see him and the party in the complete light of the rest of the things they say and do. I have not yet seen the Conservatives supporting any of the policies you say will get your vote. But I have some support for your views on policy.
    Last edited by VincyV; 13-05-2014, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo View Post
      Do this calculation again, but start with the number of renters in New Zealand. Which vote bank wins?
      I thought I very clearly described why the interests of renters and PIs are (or should be) the same.

Comment

Living in East Coast Bays, I actually have a worse choice.

I might have to vote Colin Craig, if I want National Bank in, now that is just pure nasty !!!

Besides putting the country in jeoporday, and making us the laughing stock of world politic's.

The 3 Amego's of Cunliff, Norman and Peters, could be quite amusing - for a while at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluekiwi View Post
          , .....if I want National Bank in, .......
          The dark horse is already in the knackers yard I'm afraid.

Comment

Not Lloyds' one in the UK, ain't.

Comment

^ Thanks to the taxpayers' funded bailout

Comment

Originally posted by Leftette View Post
                You'd vote for a man whose name you can't spell, Gary?

I agree that a vote to NZ 1st, Act or Conservatives could be seen as wasted, but that's a shame in some ways. If more people had the courage to cast that vote (not the Conservatives, though, as that would be idiotic) being either further left or right of National it would have the ability to keep National "honest"? There's nothing wrong with checks & balances when it comes to tempering the party in power.
                You can see that I'm dead serious about politics

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo View Post
                  I don't think they are wasted votes, if your voting for something you believe in. MMP gives them a serious fight chance compared to first past the post.
                  The problem in politics is that you often find out what you voted for AFTER an election when the bastards do the exact opposite of what they promised only weeks before. This is precisely what is happening in Australia with probably the most disreputable liar of all now Prime Minister.

So be careful what you think because reality is rarely the same. Vote for an Independent and send a message as nothing is going to change until people change the players.

Comment

I find it really strange that someone you voted in to tell the public service bureaucrats what you want them to do invariably, within a very short time, seems to see their job as one where they tell you, the person who voted them in to power, what the bureaucrats are going to do to you.

Comment

because i believe;

- they have the best, recent, track record for managing the economy

- they have the largest number of votes, so are less likely to grossly change their manifesto than a "bait + switch" coalition

- they have a plan for the future that seems most likely to work

- their politicians tend not to be "holier than thou" types and most likely to practice what they preach
                      have you defeated them?
                      your demons

Comment

A recent letter I saw quoted:

Greg Hamilton
                        General Manager
                        NZ National Party

Thank you for your Membership Renewal reminder.

Based on the National-led government's performance in steering our economy through difficult times,
                        continued financial support might well be warranted.

However, other factors come into consideration.

When the very democratic principles upon which our way of life are based are threatened, no amount
                        of sound economic management is, in the long term, adequate compensation. Repair to a damaged
                        economy is much more easily achieved than is the recovery of lost democracy.

In 2004, while in Opposition, Gerry Brownlee made the following promise:

“National will end the iwi consultation rorts and remove divisive race-based clauses from legislation.”
                        National “is telling the public that there is one party that can be trusted on treaty issues. National will
                        ensure the beaches and lakes remain in Crown ownership . . . treat all people on the basis of need
                        rather than race . . . . wind up separate Maori electorates.”

No party better than National understands the concept of Performance Pay.

When National performs on the above promises, I shall again pay a membership contribution to the
                        party's funds. Until then, I am supporting the 1Law4All party.
                        The who? Oh, here they are.

Comment

Labour's biggest enemy may be the improving economy

with the poll showing 63.6 per cent of voters believe the country is on the right track.

NZ First is virtually unchanged on 3.7 per cent.

That would put NZ First out of Parliament on election night

but leader Winston Peters is expected to turn that around on the campaign trail.

Last edited by eri; 14-05-2014, 09:05 AM.
                          have you defeated them?
                          your demons

Comment

Key may offer middle-class tax cuts
                            John Key suggests National Government may include middle-class tax cuts in its platform for Sept 20 election; no decision made yet; room in future surpluses for cuts

Comment

People generally vote for the leaders of the parties.

Key & National will win for sure.

The pop corn will be out when the minor parties fight for their next 3 year's paychecks.

Comment

Yesssss... a bunch of useless bureaucrats sitting on their arses collecting taxpayer money...
                                Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Working...
                                X