No announcement yet.

Trademe reckons vendors fair game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll tell you what they could do that would be a winner - bring in a 'map' view.
    Google had one - you could look at the map and find all the proprties for sale or rent, zoom in on the area to get a closer view. Then hover over a pointer and see the details. Google dropped it.
    I noticed yesterda that Harcourts have something similar.
    A killer functionality I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
      I'll tell you what they could do that would be a winner - bring in a 'map' view.
      realestate.co.nz has that, I've used it quite a lot more simply because of that.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo View Post
        realestate.co.nz has that, I've used it quite a lot more simply because of that.
        I thought it would when I found Harcourts one but didn't find it during my brief look. After all, I was supposed to be studying for an exam on Friday.

Comment

TradeMe property has a map function on it's smart phone/ipad app - works pretty nicely. I haven't tried the realestate.co.nz app but notice it has quite poor reviews so I didn't bother uploading it.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
            I haven't tried the realestate.co.nz app but notice it has quite poor reviews so I didn't bother uploading it.

Works fine for me.

Comment

so the map function is only via the App?

Comment

I believe so Wayne. Thanks elguapo, I'll give it a try.

Comment

I dont think realestate.co.nz will allow listings for Private Sellers, on the basis that its owned by the REINZ and the big RE companies. Its like the Property Press which has a similar ownership model and has never allowed private seller advertising and never will because your pretty much tying your own noose. Anyway the portion of Private Sales on TradeMe is ever only at most 12% of listings I was told.

In most regions the price hikes for TradeMe will be unsustainable for most RE companies as vendors will not accept paying the trademe list fee as Trademe proposes they do. Im predicting that Trade Me Property will die a quick death and will become similar to something like sella.co.nz or gumtrees property section filled with only just private sales. Why else would the head of Trademe Property Brendon Skipper jump at the chance to become the GM of realestate.co.nz

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                    so the map function is only via the App?
                    No, click the little button that looks like a pin, just left of the 'Featured First' pull down.

Comment

well that was obvious. Now I know.

Comment

Hi all, just joined property talk and looking forward to engaging with everyone on here. Trade Me has annoyed me for a long time because it is dominated by the real estate agents and the private sellers get 'lost' amongst all their listings. Have been wanting a space purely dedicated to private sellers for so long now. But one that is not built as part of auction sites such as sella and trade me, instead a real voice for the private seller. Having given up looking for such a place a few of us recently started one. It's basically where Trade Me was eight years ago but purely dedicated to the private real estate sales market place. Would really appreciate your guys feedback and advice on our site - zeropercent. It is early days yet but we have a plan for marketing this thing and building it up..
                        Last edited by donna; 08-11-2013, 09:51 AM. Reason: no selling your services in posts - only in the CE forum as per the forum rules

Comment

Hi pewsta, and welcome.

homesell.co.nz has been around for many years and it seems popular in that space.

What will be your point of difference and advantages over them?

Comment

Hi Speights Boy. Homesell is more of a hybrid model (online as well as print advertising, street signs, brochures etc), whereas we plan to be purely online. Their model is reflected in the price of their packages which are still a fair amount of money. By concentrating purely on the online market we can keep our prices down. To start we are offering FREE listings of course to build up our site. But even once we are going our prices will be nowhere near those of Homesell. Trade Me is a far better deal in that regard at the moment compared to Homesell, I believe. With Trade Me you pay $399 for a private listing, we intend on being way lower than that. Homesell still have offices and staff to cover the costs of which we won't. Zeropercent will be a truly online experience. We are a team of internet marketers so we plan to ensure the site is found online using SEO, Adwords and Social Media.
                            Last edited by donna; 08-11-2013, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pewsta View Post
                              We are a team of internet marketers
                              s p a c e
                              have you defeated them?
                              your demons

Comment

i would suggest to make this work faster you should try for some media coverage---Like John Cambell rapping trade me over the knuckles and providing alternatives ie your site----part of your job would be to educate normal kiwis how its not that hard to do (with a lawyer)etc

Comment

Working...
                                X