Spreadsheet for rent payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spreadsheet for rent payments

Does anyone have a good format for recording rent payments? Mine is fine as long as the tenant is paying on time (all good until a week ago) but if they fall into arrears it's harder to work out how far behind they are. I have the same problem if they make extra part payments between normal rent payments.

So if anyone has a example of a nice way to handle all this please post it or PM me.

Thanks

Don't have a spread sheet sorry but we use www.renthq.co.nz . There is a $ 6 base fee + 0.40 per property per month, so there is an on going expense? Cloud based so can access from anywhere that has net and phone app. Also has all the templates for notices, prints various reports, tracks work orders etc.
    Plan and invest wisely - You only get one life so make the most of it!

Comment

check out: https://tenansee.com/ awesome cloud software monitor rents, bank feeds alerts etc etc

I been using it for few month now and its great at affordable price.
      New Zealand's #1 Marketplace for Property Investors & Sellers!
      FREE Access to HOT Property Deals
      CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.

Comment

DBH site has a template called Rent Summary.

Comment

Actually I am so lazy that I just add up the total rent paid to date from the bank statement.

Then divide the total rent paid to date by the weekly rent to see how many weeks have been paid.

Then calculate how many weeks have elapsed since the start of the tenancy.

Then add or subtract to calculate the overpayment/shortfall.

You can calculate the number of weeks or days between dates using online calculators.

Remember to take out the bond amount.

I find tenants understand this method.

Comment

Originally posted by artemis View Post
            DBH site has a template called Rent Summary.

http://dbh.govt.nz/pub-new-tenancy
            I like using this put into excel with formulas, as if it all goes wrong you just turn up at the tribunal with it, no further work required.

Comment

Originally posted by Tan View Post
              I like using this put into excel with formulas, as if it all goes wrong you just turn up at the tribunal with it, no further work required.
              Thanks, that looks good

Comment

There's a function in Excel for updating the date, enter =TODAY() into a cell, then subtract the date when rent was paid up to, then you will have your number of days in arrears.

Comment

Ive created a spead sheet to calculate weeks and payments made for excel you can email me at: bobvancesoftware at hotmail com

Comment

Thanks for all the responses, I think I'll stick to the spreadsheet method for now but the other websites do look interesting. Looks like I've got enough now.

Comment

Enter this formula into a cell of excel, =(OFFSET(A1,MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,A:A)-1,)-A1)/7+2

A1 Cell starts with date tenant Starts followed down by each date payment Payments in B Column
                      = cell address with above formula*350 (Rent) this is what should be paid, another cell to add payments, Total Cell Rents minus payments
                      Walla there it is

Comment

Whats your spreadsheet version, what formula to work out the weeks....Bob

Comment

There is an XL file on the DBH website posted above. It's their one, easy to use and easy to understand. Looks like a wheel to me. Doesn't need reinventing.

www.3888444.co.nz
                          Facebook Page

Comment

Use the non GST Xero application. Its only about $10 a month and you can get it on the back of your normal accounting services if you have an accountant. I set this up for my properties about 3 years ago and haven't looked back. I just love running the profit and loss reports, mainly because they just say Profit!

Best of all you can just drill down on the rental payments area and it will detail all the payments making up that figure. There also heaps of reports so you can lay it all out nice and clearly.

Comment

Working...
                            X