Header Ad Module

Collapse

Subdivide and build in Auckland

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • qzha017
    Freshie
    • Jul 2013
    • 5

    #1

    Subdivide and build in Auckland

    Good day everyone

    I have a big backyard and I am wanting to subdivide and build a new house on it, the existing house is located relatively to the front so there shouldn’t be any site issues and my next door neighbouring sites all have 2 houses on it (a typical flat rectangular site). I have approached one planning company and asked a friend of a friend of a friend and both returned a cost that want me to give up already!

    My questions are:
    1.) Can someone here reveal the approximate cost of subdividing one lot into two (creating one new freehold site) in Auckland?

    2.) How difficult it is to subdivide? Can I do it my self? I mean putting the application through my self, contacting engineers, surveyors and lawyers my self, would that cut down the cost a bit?

    3.) Final question is if its improbable to do it my self can someone here recommend someone that can subdivide and build the house all at one up front package that is relatively cheap?

    Thanks so much inadvacne to everyone that contributes
    Alex
  • Davo36
    Fanatical
    • Sep 2007
    • 8450

    #2
    Take the price they gave you and add 50%. That will be a truer indication of the costs.

    Do the same with the timeframe.

    Mate why do you think we have a housing shortage in Auckland? This stuff should be really easy and cheap to do but the council makes it more or less impossible.
    Squadly dinky do!

    Comment

    • elguapo
      Fanatical
      • Jun 2013
      • 2161

      #3
      How much hair loss should you budget for?

      Comment

      • Baldy
        Freshie
        • Feb 2012
        • 31

        #4
        Originally posted by qzha017 View Post
        Good day everyone

        I have a big backyard and I am wanting to subdivide and build a new house on it, the existing house is located relatively to the front so there shouldn’t be any site issues and my next door neighbouring sites all have 2 houses on it (a typical flat rectangular site). I have approached one planning company and asked a friend of a friend of a friend and both returned a cost that want me to give up already!

        My questions are:
        1.) Can someone here reveal the approximate cost of subdividing one lot into two (creating one new freehold site) in Auckland
        Depends... 70K minimum (including development contributions)
        But... could go to 140K if you get drainage/soil/geotec/ or other issues!


        2.) How difficult it is to subdivide? Can I do it my self? I mean putting the application through my self, contacting engineers, surveyors and lawyers my self, would that cut down the cost a bit?
        Would not reccomend doing any/all of this by yourself...
        You will need to contact these people and co-ordinate them, but it might be worthwhile (cost-effective) to get a single firm to take charge of the complete project. There is a lot of little stuff that can trip you up if the responsibility does not lie with one co-ordinating firm.


        3.) Final question is if its improbable to do it my self can someone here recommend someone that can subdivide and build the house all at one up front package that is relatively cheap?'
        Anyone who gives you a 'fixed-price' to (either get resource consent and/or to build too) will definately include good margins for their risk and profit.

        Thanks so much inadvacne to everyone that contributes

        Alex

        tenletters

        Comment

        • qzha017
          Freshie
          • Jul 2013
          • 5

          #5
          WOW never thought I could get so many replies so fast, gratitude to all.

          Thank you very much Baldy for sharing your knowledge. And as to elguapo I dont really care if I loss all my hair over this because I dont have much hair left anyways

          The reason I asked for people that do sub-divide and build is that I have heard and seen alot of people subdivide and built at the same time, one overlaps another to save time and costs. Or am I wrong?

          Which companies are more "friendly" to subdivide only? any recommendations or suggestions?

          cheers
          Alex

          Comment

          Working...