Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painters and Renovation Contact Recommendation

Hi,

Having recently gotten an IP, a few cosmetic changes are required and i have received quite a few good referrals through this forum so i thought i would try my luck again.

This is for a property in Remuera, Auckland.

Do any of you have good recommendations on the following skill set?

- Plumbers
    - Painters
    - Kitchen / Bathroom renovations
    - Carpet replacement

I would be happy to mention who i got my referrals from if that provides you with any future benefits.
    Last edited by Raftcomm; 04-06-2013, 02:54 PM. Reason: Adding location of property
    IT Solution Architect by day.....property investor by night. All i need now is the bank as my butler and a cave with high capital gains.

You'll need to tell us where you are.
    You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Originally posted by drelly View Post
      You'll need to tell us where you are.
      Just edited the original post to include the location.
      IT Solution Architect by day.....property investor by night. All i need now is the bank as my butler and a cave with high capital gains.

Comment

Try http://www.aucklandcraftsmenpainters.co.nz

Comment

DO NOT USE http://www.completetradeservices.co.nz/ ! Bad experience with them.

Plumbing - I use James @ Jayvee Plumbing for all my work in my 6 x IP. His cell is 021 636 844. Very nice guy, excellent communication, good pricing, always on time etc ... http://www.jayveeplumbing.co.nz/services

I used these guys to respray my kitchen cabinetry in one of my properties where the kitchen was in good order but yellow... resprayed it, changed the handles and bingo - looked a million bucks http://www.sprayman.co.nz/ Awesome company to work with and I would use them again in a flash

I have also used http://www.flooringxtra.co.nz/ in Orakei several times for carpets and floating timber/laminate floors and I probably wouldn't use anyone else, they have dealt with all sorts of unexpected issues brilliantly and their customer service was fabulous. Used to deal with Wesley there but he has changed branches so I now deal with Simon Buswell - 021 636 953

I do my own painting so can;t recommend anyone BUT if you want FREE advice on colours go to Resene in New market and make an appointment to see Niki their colour consultant. She will help you select a whole colour scheme and the right paints. She can work with any style of property and if you take in samples of your carpet choices and tiles etc she will help you co-ordinate the whole lot. You get 1 hour and its free! I have used her on 3 apartments now that I had to totally rennovate and she was amazing.

Good luck - rennovation is fun. I am sad I have finished my buying / rennovation spree .... Tracey
          Last edited by TraceyR; 04-06-2013, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Thanks very much for the recommendations TraceyR and Drelly. I will be busy on the phones tomorrow getting quotes.

Comment

Originally posted by drelly View Post
              Just narrowing down the list of quotes that i am getting for the paint work. Drelly, how would you rate the quality of their work? Any issues with their work thus far?

Comment

Originally posted by Raftcomm View Post
                Just narrowing down the list of quotes that i am getting for the paint work. Drelly, how would you rate the quality of their work? Any issues with their work thus far?
                I'm actually their web designer, so I've had a lot to do with the owner (Bill Andrew) but not used them myself. He's a really straight up guy and has a focus on quality rather than the bottom line. If you're wanting to investigate further, ask him for a couple of customers to call. I'm sure he'd be happy to oblige.

Comment

Ian from Bizzy Bee plumbing 0800 000-116 is very good. I've used him a few times & he actually saved me money at his own loss by advising me not too carry out a planned plumbing project that would not have been a good choice.
                  Last edited by mrsaneperson; 13-06-2013, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
                    Ian from Bizzy Bee plumbing 0800 000-116 is very good. I've used him a few times & he actually saved me money at his own loss by advising me not too carry out a planned plumbing project that would not have been a good choice.
                    Thanks for that referral. Just added that number to my contact list.

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyR View Post

Good luck - rennovation is fun. I am sad I have finished my buying / rennovation spree .... Tracey
                      Hi Tracey, do you have a checklist of things to do when tackling a renovation project? Eg: Sequence of steps etc? I know every renovation project is different as it depends on what needs doing but any tips that you can recommend would be very much appreciated. Im currently trying to do as much research on it as i can before undertaking any renovation projects.
                      Last edited by Raftcomm; 14-06-2013, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X