Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone offering more than the listed rent - should I be concerned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe he just got revoked from the previous house and want you accept the offer quickly without doing the usual checks. So just do the usual checks before letting him in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by jimO View Post
      its a good time for ChCh landlords to ripp off their tennants

Originally posted by Keys View Post
      Yet again you blame the landlord. Change the record.
      Doubtless Jim Dahg would have LLs form a LL philanthropic
      society for beleaguered tenants. Whatever happended to
      market forces aka supply-and-demand?

Has the worm turned? Telling comment, this:
      Originally posted by Dugster View Post
      Classic lefty crap. Didn't hear anyone denigrating the tenants for paying so little
      in years gone when interest rates were higher and vacancies abundant.

Comment

yeh this is first time being a landlord, so far its been a headache with the existing tenant so looking forward to getting someone hassle-free - im doing the due diligence with them, and they seem like nice people. they were actually expecting to pay more so as far as theyre concerned its still a good price. and yep i think its only fair landlords can enjoy some good times here in chch - everybody knows it doesnt last and regardless of what the markets doing you still gotta make those mortgage payments!

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
          Doubtless Jim Dahg would have LLs form a LL philanthropic
          society for beleaguered tenants. Whatever happended to
          market forces aka supply-and-demand?
          jees be resonable perry. dont take it out on poor jim. the bloody LL demasnded it, you see. it wasn;t that the tenant voluntered it.

Comment

landlords can charge what they like it doesnt matter to me, but charging familys exorbitant rent because of the unusual circumstances of the earthquake just because they can screw a few more dollars out of desperate people smacks of ripp off merchant to me, any way what comes round goes round, the big man in the sky will judge them.

Comment

Oh. You chauvinist, you. How do you
              know it's not a big lady in the sky?

And LLs can not charge whatever
              they like: just what market cond-
              itions will allow.

Comment

Well I for one refuse to rip my tenants off they're all paying market rental not a penny more who knows when they may become owners themselves and remember me and how I treated them.
                Kaye
                www.streetsaheadpm.co.nz

Comment

Originally posted by Kaye View Post
                  Well I for one refuse to rip my tenants off they're all paying market rental not a penny more
                  And therein lies the problem. What is market rent? Who sets it? Who is the market?

I suggest the market is what someone is willing to pay. If they can afford it or not, if they are willing to pay it then that is what it is.
                  It is set by the person who is paying it. Not the person who is charging it.
                  The person who is paying it may be the insured red zone refugee seeking accommodation where a furnished rental is cheaper than a motel.

Where is the cry that motels charging $195/night are ripping off families? After all, motels also have an influence on market rent in Christchurch at the moment.

www.3888444.co.nz
                  Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                  X