Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$4.5 Million - Just to have lunch with him !

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • $4.5 Million - Just to have lunch with him !

    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10812074


    Who was it that told me property education was expensive ?

  • #2
    But then, there is no denying that Warren Buffett is an investment expert.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by DazRaz View Post
      But then, there is no denying that Warren Buffett is an investment expert.
      I think the term "expert" is over rated and used by people to describe themselves more than other people, nonetheless, Warren is perfect at one thing and that is not losing money. There are deals that have cost him and his shareholders money and he has made investing mistakes by his own admission but overall ROI is a world record that has not been bettered yet.

      Comment


      • #4
        That price was reached in a charity auction where there were 10 active bidders and the $$$ go to a homeless persons charity in San Francisco. This is worth mentioning as WB is not pocketing the $$.

        Buffett has slowly given away his fortune since 2006, and he plans to eventually divide most of his shares of Berkshire stock between five charitable foundations. The largest chunk will go to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
        Cheers,

        Donna
        SEARCH PropertyTalk, About PropertyTalk

        BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by donna View Post
          That price was reached in a charity auction where there were 10 active bidders and the $$$ go to a homeless persons charity in San Francisco. This is worth mentioning as WB is not pocketing the $$.



          Cheers,

          Donna
          For sure and he specifically states that "No investment advice or specific business is discussed", so you get to have a Coke and Burger with the guy.

          What a feeling it must be to be able to give that sort of money away to charity............... :-)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Social_Media_NZT View Post
            What a feeling it must be to be able to give that sort of money away to charity............... :-)
            You will only feel 10% as good but I will have lunch with your $450k.
            My Profile

            Comment


            • #7
              Is it a Bacon Burger?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by halfempty View Post
                Is it a Bacon Burger?
                For that sort of money halfempty it can be entire pig !!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  For rich people, $4.5mil is a drop in the ocean for them.

                  It's worth it because:
                  1) the privilege of 1 on 1 with one of the richest and wise man on earth - im sure the stories that WB can tell are worth every penny2) charity

                  If I'm a multi millionaire, I will pay.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by drelly View Post
                    You will only feel 10% as good but I will have lunch with your $450k.
                    I'll give you $4.50!! :P
                    ...there's no future in working

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Let's say you get 90 minutes with WB @ $4.5m - that's $50,000 a minute - umm still more than the average annual wage in NZ. How long would you get with WB for your annual wage? 1 minute, 2 minutes - maybe 3 minutes?

                      cheers,

                      Donna
                      Last edited by donna; 13-06-2012, 05:33 PM.
                      SEARCH PropertyTalk, About PropertyTalk

                      BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by donna View Post
                        Let's say you get 90 minutes with WB @ $4.5m - that's $50,000 a minute - umm still more than the average annual wage in NZ. How long would you get with WB for your annual wage? 1 minute, 2 minutes - maybe 3 minutes?

                        cheers,

                        Donna

                        it's all about supply and demand ;-)
                        Last edited by donna; 13-06-2012, 05:35 PM. Reason: added a missed out '0'

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Lets face it, if you can drop $US4.5 mill like that you are not really in need of investment advice.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X