Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RE Marketing buzzwords and phrases that make your skin crawl...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One agent in CHCH always used 'sort after' (pre-quake) on all her Trade Me ads.
    If I could've been bothered I would have emailed her the difference between 'sort' and 'sought'.

I guess 'sort after' would have more relevance now what with EQC claims etc.

Comment

grew up in Glendowie, St Heliers. KNow the streets areas backwards.
      I notice now (according to the agents) half of Glen Innes is St Heliers !!!!!! WTF !!!

Comment

"Strategic Location"
        ...dont we all hope the dice will land us on Park Lane ?....

Comment

"Vintage" or "Funky"
          Usually means it's ugly and dated. Also applies to TradeMe.

Comment

Where is the "golden triangle" in Titirangi? What streets are included?
            “Our favorite holding period is forever.”

Comment

I hate how auctioneers say going once, going twice within the space of five seconds and then the last bit when they say third and final call, they waffle, eyeball everyone in attendance and take another 15 mins up-selling the property before they slap the rolled up property report they are holding into their left hand and everyone can go home.
              "You’re neither right nor wrong because other people agree with you. You’re right because your facts are right and your reasoning is right"

Comment

Was mentioned earlier: vendors instructions are clear - sell.

wtf else would the vendor say?

Comment

Someone said "state of the art" to me today
                  You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

In most cases, more like "state of the ark".

Comment

"whopping"

It seems to apply to discounts
                      ranging from 6% to 60%.

Sixty - yes. Six - no.

Comment

- no price, GV, or address
                        - marketed as great investment, "currently rented", but no rent info.
                        - utter drivel in the write-up but not including crucial info like #bedrooms, bathrooms etc
                        - pics taken with bad camera/technique
                        - pics that don't show bathroom/kitchen, or leave you with more questions than answers!

- "contemporary family living" as opposed to time travellers, I guess.
                        - "owners want a sold sign" wtf else would they want? Apart from arson, maybe?
                        Last edited by wodger; 02-02-2015, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Not that I'm anybody, but I have often wanted to write an "open letter" to real estate agents in the area demanding better standards with their ads. But what good would it do. Wouldn't it be great if we had legislation that demanded certain pieces of information in the ads - current rent if applicable, body corporate, rates, land/floor area, GV, price, for a start.

Comment

Sounds good, but we're already suffocating
                            under a surfeit of laws, now! The minutiae
                            of detail in the RTA being a great example.

Comment

But wouldn't it be nice to give REAs something useful to do?

Comment

Originally posted by wodger View Post
                                Not that I'm anybody, but I have often wanted to write an "open letter" to real estate agents in the area demanding better standards with their ads. But what good would it do. Wouldn't it be great if we had legislation that demanded certain pieces of information in the ads - current rent if applicable, body corporate, rates, land/floor area, GV, price, for a start.
                                Maybe someone should do a "name and shame" letter with the worst ads, phrases and other drivel, and the names of the agents who wrote them (presume it's the one whose photo appears on the ad). Publish it somewhere AND send it to their company's head office, each month. Probably not a good idea to do it if you want to buy in the area in the future I guess - better to have them on side than off. I wonder what would happen tho...

Comment

Working...
                                X