Bloody tenants and annoying Landlords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloody tenants and annoying Landlords

We are landlords known to many of you in Auckland ( we live and breathe property ) and live in a very quiet cul de sac in Milford - 20 houses all young families with kids or retired people - really really quiet and great place to live. Local RE company sold the house over the road - owners couldnt sell their existing house so PM from RE company and new landlords have put in 3 18 year old girls who come with lots and lots of boys , parties nosie, fast and nosiy cars and thats 3-4 days a week at present. Have met landlord on Saturday who was not to concerned - neighbours are calling nosie control - kids no longer can play on the street and life is not great for residents anymore. Have argued iwth PM who says not her problem she only let the house - speak to landlords - emailed RE office owner who simply passed back to PM and couldnt be bothered to reply ( they wont sell anything on this street again ever) Was it worth a $500 one of letting fee ????

Does anyone have a cunning plan on how we sort them ? Can tenancy services help if you are not the LL or tenant ?

Some landlords need shooting ! They actually want to live in this street when they sell their home in the country.....

Ideas please from you smart people ...

Thanks

Mark Trafford
    Last edited by Traff; 29-06-2010, 07:33 PM.

If I were you, I'd track down the owners and point out to them that all their new neighbours hate them, and that if they want to move into a friendly place, they'll get their tenants sorted out asap. Well, maybe I'd be a bit more tactful than that, but not much.

Comment

Landlords

Done that - last weekend as per my post - they were not that concerned ...

Comment

Multiple noise control complaints at every opportunity, providing the details of the property manager.
        You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Noise control complaints as suggested, make sure you note times, car registrations, any drinking, abuse, video them, photograph them. Massive number of complaints by ALL neighbours to noise control, write to the owners (LL) and advise them they have a limited time to get it sorted and noise stopped or further action blah blah.
          I would block their drive way with an old rattle trap from a wrecker, I have become quite mean! Well maybe I wouldnt really, but I would think about it quite definitely!
          Calls to the police by at least three residents concerning the unsafe driving, parties, noise - disturbing the peace and so forth.
          Good luck!
          Sue

Comment

Actually I think neighbours have a right to go to tenancy and take the Pm to tenancy to get this fixed.
            Someone on here will know which rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
              Actually I think neighbours have a right to go to tenancy and take the Pm to tenancy to get this fixed.
              Someone on here will know which rule.
              Neighbors have no rights to go to the tenancy tribunal unless they have the same landlord as the noisy ones.

www.3888444.co.nz
              Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Traff View Post
                Bother. Thought it was the PM you'd approached, not the owner. Sorry about that.

OK, so you complain to noise control repeatedly, noise control complains to the owner repeatedly, owner ignores noise control ... anything else you can do after that?

Comment

The owners are not concerned as it does not effect them right here right now, it can only end one way I think, tenants seem immature and will self destruct no doubt, causing damage and a headache for the PM. Really only a matter of time.

Damn PM's from REA offices are bloody hopeless, well most of them anyway, all they care about is the management fee and less about the property or investment.

FH

Comment

Cul de sac right?

Shared drive way?

- tow the boys cars who don't live there cos aint it still considered a private drive way?

Speed humps!! - boy racers hate these the most

- or if your cheeky!! stick a potato in their exhaust and watch it go boom

Comment

Originally posted by Blind Egg View Post
                      - or if your cheeky!! stick a potato in their exhaust and watch it go boom
                      Builders foam between the radiator and intercooler.

www.3888444.co.nz
                      Facebook Page

Comment

As per this thread, ring TV One and tell them you've got a SENSATIONAL story about neglectful tenants, hopeless PM's and owners who don't want to know.

Plead the "children can't play outside any more, because it's not safe", "screeching tyres", "all night parties" etc etc.

If they won't help, quietly mention that you're giving them first option at the story as you know sooooooo many people watch his programme.

Keep ringing Noise Control, keep documenting noise, skidding etc, file complaints with Police - frequently, by different neighbours.

Get the neighbourhood to work together, you'll get them out.
                        Patience is a virtue.

Comment

Hey Mark,

Sticky situation. If you want to keep it all legal as we should then as stated earlier get the neighbors to join in calling noise control. When unsafe contact the police and get a petition signed by the local residents and go meet the manager of the residential company involved.

Good luck.

Regards
                          Aaron

Comment

When unsafe contact the police and get a petition signed by the local residents and go meet the manager of the residential company involved.
                            Very good idea - don't know if it would work, but well worth a try.
                            Patience is a virtue.

Comment

Ideas please from you smart people ...

Thanks

Mark Trafford
                              Mark, How would you handle it if it was your Property that was rented and you received complaints from their neighbours?

Have you thought about going over to "see" the girls and have a "little chat"
                              I can't see anywhere that you've done that, I would have thought that was the first place to start.

Comment

Working...
                              X