Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you give National the Boot next elections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you give National the Boot next elections?

Would you give National the Boot next elections?
    YES - Thy targeted Property Investors
    20.00%
    NO - This is fair budget
    80.00%
    Last edited by essence; 20-05-2010, 08:32 PM. Reason: Typo
    New Zealand's #1 Marketplace for Property Investors & Sellers!
    FREE Access to HOT Property Deals
    CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.

How about "yes, I hate them for a whole heap of other reasons"?

;-)

Comment

absolutely

Comment

Yep..... Can't see how Bill can rort the system himself then pretend he didn't.

Comment

Even with the property changes, this is the first budget in 5 or so years (since I moved to NZ) that has something in it for me (some tax cuts).

Another tick for John Key is that he isn't Phil Goff.
          Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. Before making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Comment

can't see how labor would have delivered a better budget for property investors

you got to be heartless to vote national when you are young

but you've got to be brainless to vote labor when you are older
            have you defeated them?
            your demons

Comment

I don't see a great deal of difference between the two.
              We don't have the money, so we are going to have to THINK - Peter Blake

Comment

I don't see any reason at to give them the boot, it's good for the country overall, you can't expect every policy to go your way personally.

It's no good having a whole lot of properties, if the country they are in is financially sick.

I'm thankful they didn't ring fence though, but I think most people will admit some of those tax rorts the idiots at Labour allowed, and may as well have encouraged were just a joke.

Comment

I only voted yes because I think Pita Sharples would make a great Prime Minister.
                  The Son of Glenn

Comment

I haven't voted because I don't like either option.

If it was a straight yes or no I would vote NO. I don't like the budget (because of the LAQC changes which are effectively ring fencing) but I know a Labour budget would have been far worse.

Comment

I have no complaints about removing building depreciation. If you pay for maintenance, you can claim it. If you don't, why should we get a tax deduction for allowing our own properties to depreciate? They're not like plant and machinery.
                      You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

I have no problem with their budget other than the increase in GST.

But there are plenty of good reasons to see the back of these guys. Key actually believes that he is New Zealand’s CEO. That alone is a good enough reason not to vote for them again.

Government should always be the role of the greater public to serve itself. A government made of the people; by the people for the people should be the mantra.

These days, all government parties are entities unto themselves that believe that government is the right of itself to serve itself; the people come second if not last. Our government is self-serving. They dictate and we abdicate and most New Zealanders believe that is the way it must be and always must be.

Change will only come when we learn to think out of the box.

We need heroes not zeros!
                        Last edited by fatfishandchipman; 21-05-2010, 11:47 AM.

Comment

A lot of great things in the budget, it is popular with the majority of Kiwis, which is what the government should be about.
                          Hamish Patel | ph: 09 625 4693 | mob: 021 625 693
                          My Website
                          Be informed - register for our free monthly newsletter

Comment

Originally posted by mortgage broker View Post
                            A lot of great things in the budget, it is popular with the majority of Kiwis, which is what the government should be about.
                            Sounds right: popularity ahead of economic prudence.
                            Originally posted by Fingers View Post
                            I don't see a great deal of difference between the two.
                            We no longer have blues and reds, just varying shades
                            of murky or muddy brown. Or both.
                            Originally posted by graemeh View Post
                            I haven't voted because I don't like either option.
                            Agreed.
                            Originally posted by graemeh View Post
                            If it was a straight yes or no I would vote NO. I don't like the budget (because of the LAQC changes which are effectively ring fencing) but I know a Labour budget would have been far worse.
                            Beggars the imagination to ponder what
                            the socio-communists would've done, if
                            they were still on the Treasury benches.

Comment

Would you swap this budget for this one?

Because this is what some wanted us to have.

Comment

Working...
                              X