Header Ad Module

Collapse

Ashley Church Morphs The Traders into Property Plus

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Lincoln
    Freshie
    • Mar 2008
    • 59

    #1

    Ashley Church Morphs The Traders into Property Plus

    Last night I went to The Traders monthly meeting to hear Tony Falkenstein of Just Water fame speak, and to find out more about the radical change in direction which The traders is taking.

    I have never seen more people join an organisation in one meeting in my life, so the offering was clearly relevant; value for money; put together by someone who understands how to create, grow and manage a successful organisation.

    The new management team will I believe add great depth to the organisation and cover many diverse strategies, each of which are more or less relevant as the market moves through the property cycle, and with the new broader range of property aspects now covered by the team there is definitely something for everyone. Would be great to see some women (or husband and wife teams) in that team, lots of single or married men on their own in management is in my opinion unbalanced.

    Having now a keynote speaker every second month, and a forum or workshop on every other month will I believe allow more members to seek solutions taylored to their current issues and should be a great success.

    I enjoyed Tony's talk in which he lead us through his career path, mistakes made along the way (and lessons learned), and more particularly that he gave us an insight into how he thinks, what inspires him, and his personal attidudes to the various forms of investment.

    Personal opinion, if you get to read this Ashley... the cake and coffee at APIA is magic, and encourages people to stay and mix longer... don't know how this can be incorporated into the new fee structure but I for one would pay more for a coffee, don't really want to go down to the bar for a bevvie :O)

    I'd be interested to hear what others who attended thought of the new direction and structure, when I first heard of the new direction I thought they were mad and spreading themselves too thin, but they may be onto something big???

    Lincoln
  • donkey
    Banned
    • Nov 2008
    • 40

    #2
    Should'nt this advertisment be in the appopriate forum or at the very least "Lincoln* do the decent thing and take a banner add out so propertytalk can recover some of the lost richmastery advertising dollars.

    Comment

    • donna
      Administrator
      • Aug 2003
      • 10072

      #3
      What is 'property plus' Lincoln?

      I have never seen more people join an organisation in one meeting in my life, says Lincoln
      Wow! Sounds impressive - how many joined?

      cheers,

      Donna
      Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk


      BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

      Comment

      • Lincoln
        Freshie
        • Mar 2008
        • 59

        #4
        Now thats a bit vicious Andrew

        Originally posted by donkey View Post
        Should'nt this advertisment be in the appopriate forum or at the very least "Lincoln* do the decent thing and take a banner add out so propertytalk can recover some of the lost richmastery advertising dollars.
        Andrew King, we meet again. Pretty apt that you hide behind the pseudonym "Donkey". I can say that had it not been for your disgraceful conduct as the then President of APIA, I would never have heard of or met Ashley Church but per my post on APIA VS ASHLEY CHURCH I did get involved, and have come to know him as a man of integrity, who does his job and does it well.

        Sadly the issues which came out of your micro-managing and interfering with the then CEO's role appear to still linger... a lack of transparency... conflicts of interest.

        Signed, Lincoln (REAL NAME)

        Comment

        • donkey
          Banned
          • Nov 2008
          • 40

          #5
          What is stopping you from paying for the banner advertisement ?
          a lack of funds ?
          if so many people signed up then surely you have those funds ?
          or they didn't actually sign up and that was just a overblown statement to get noticed ?
          in which case you would need to get some free advertising


          ..oh I see.

          Comment

          • exnzpat
            Addicted
            • Dec 2007
            • 816

            #6
            And they just invited me to be their next guest speaker…

            I’m doing it for the free food!
            Erewhon is still erehwon, I don’t see it changing anytime soon.

            http://exnzpat.blogspot.com/

            Comment

            • Lincoln
              Freshie
              • Mar 2008
              • 59

              #7
              Originally posted by donna View Post
              What is 'property plus' Lincoln?



              Wow! Sounds impressive - how many joined?

              cheers,

              Donna
              Hiya Donna,

              It certainly looked impressive. Sorry, I wouldn't have a clue re exact numbers, simply commenting as I was quite astounded at the number of people joining. The opening night offer was in fact so good that i joined for another year and asked them to add it to the end of my current subscription and a good mate who came along for the evening put his hand on his credit card and did the deed (and if you knew my mate, he is tighter than a snappers backside, lol)

              I should add Donna that in contrary to what my learned friend is stating as if it were fact I am not acting in any capacity as a spokesperson for PropertyPlus, I have no financial or other interest in the group other than I am a paid up member (just I am with APIA, www.hybridgroup.co.nz etc) :O)

              Oops, just about missed your first question up the top... they were called www.thetraders.co.nz now in the middle of re-branding to www.propertyplus.co.nz which more accurately reflects their target market, as currently trading is dead-like-disco

              Cheers,

              Lincoln

              Comment

              • essence
                Fanatical
                • May 2004
                • 3578

                #8
                Donkey

                Your posts add nothing to this thread, are unnecessary and show you in poor light.

                If you can't post anything constructive, please don't.
                Patience is a virtue.

                Comment

                • Lincoln
                  Freshie
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 59

                  #9
                  Originally posted by donkey
                  Thats at least two people that joined, you and your mate, I apologise for doubting you, you were right it does sound impressive, its 100% more than if just one joined, and when you are talking those kind of percentages its big. Ashley I mean *Lincoln* this sounds to good to be true and you got the ULR links in too! excellent work!

                  Andrew I was being so good in choosing to turn the other cheek and ignore your last spew, but alas I cannot hold my tongue and show the good sense that Essence suggests. Sadly you have learnt nothing from the APIA vs Ashley Church debarcle http://www.propertytalk.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=15072 which you created (and which cost the membership how many tens of thousands of pointless and in the end fruitless membership dollars?).

                  Now, back to my original question... has anyone who went to Property Plus on Monday night got any thoughts or opinions?

                  Comment

                  • exnzpat
                    Addicted
                    • Dec 2007
                    • 816

                    #10
                    I must say that I am amazed that anyone in their right mind still believes that these kinds of “real estate education” organizations are actually still viable in a downward spiraling market. More power to them if they can pull it off – but it’s a dead-end industry now.

                    Is it really information that people seek or are these organizations more club-like; just a place to hook up and make friends with people who have a common interest? A social club if you like.

                    Personally, I would never part with good money for information which is free from any real estate agency. Plus, you can get a real estate agent to run you all over town -- and the research is freely available on web-sites and in real estate brochures.

                    I don’t get it.
                    Erewhon is still erehwon, I don’t see it changing anytime soon.

                    http://exnzpat.blogspot.com/

                    Comment

                    • k1w1
                      Fanatical
                      • Dec 2006
                      • 1652

                      #11
                      Well that's your guest speaker invite rescinded. Turncoat.

                      Comment

                      • revdev
                        Fanatical
                        • Jan 2005
                        • 1816

                        #12
                        Originally posted by donkey
                        If indeed it is a dating agency or swingers club for those wishing to hook up, then I for one am not interested, morally I am opposed to that kind of thing.
                        Why not? With a name like donkey, you'd probably be the hit of the party no?

                        G
                        Premium Villa Holidays in Turkey

                        Comment

                        • exnzpat
                          Addicted
                          • Dec 2007
                          • 816

                          #13
                          Originally posted by k1w1 View Post
                          Well that's your guest speaker invite rescinded. Turncoat.

                          Probably.

                          I guess I would start my seminar out by comparing the returns from a popular property investment scheme to a simple savings account. I would then demonstrate, mathematically, how another popular property scheme, while differing in appearance to the first, has the exact same underlying monetary obligations and returns. All the while the simple savings account returns remain in constant view – in glaring contrast to the property schemes. “Yikes,” and “how can this be” are the exclamations I expect to hear from the attended.

                          Next, I would launch into my favorite subject: income vs. mortgage. I would clearly demonstrate (using mathematics, of course,) the reality between the audience member, their mortgage debt, their tax burden, the cost of living, current savings vs. future savings and lastly their assets’ true value and retirement. Summing all this up the audience member will get a glimpse at their true net worth and the cliff face they have been carelessly climbing with bare hands and no harness all this time.

                          After all that, I tell the story of the “Mac Truck” called credit liquidity, what it is, how it works and how it’s coming their way and exactly what will happen when it hits these fair shores!

                          I’m hoping the shock throws the audience into a confused stupor and I can slip quietly out a side door without being lynched.

                          The TRUTH, unfortunately, is not pretty.

                          So, how much would you pay for a fun night out with exnzpat?
                          Last edited by exnzpat; 26-02-2009, 03:50 PM.
                          Erewhon is still erehwon, I don’t see it changing anytime soon.

                          http://exnzpat.blogspot.com/

                          Comment

                          • k1w1
                            Fanatical
                            • Dec 2006
                            • 1652

                            #14
                            I'd automatically assumed you'd pay me to attend.

                            Sounds like a scintilating evening though.

                            Whether it be yours or the original course, I think I'd rather shave my eyeballs with razor blades.

                            Comment

                            • exnzpat
                              Addicted
                              • Dec 2007
                              • 816

                              #15
                              Did I say that there would be free food?

                              And if you performed your "eyeball shaving trick" before I went on it would definitely warm the audience up for me.

                              Now all I need are some really obscure New Zealand celebrities to share tea and biscuits with the assembled and we just might have a show!
                              Last edited by exnzpat; 26-02-2009, 03:59 PM.
                              Erewhon is still erehwon, I don’t see it changing anytime soon.

                              http://exnzpat.blogspot.com/

                              Comment

                              Working...