Header Ad Module

Collapse

Google Street Views - spooky !

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bluekiwi
    Fanatical
    • May 2008
    • 4002

    #1

    Google Street Views - spooky !

    Dont need to get in a car or even get out of my chair to view a property anymore.

    Can even cruise the streets around the area as well like you are driving your car around the area.

    Not saying its good, or bad, just "Spooky".
  • drelly
    Fanatical
    • Jan 2004
    • 5838

    #2
    Learn how to navigate and use Street View. Explore the world without leaving your couch and create and add your own images into Google Maps.
    Last edited by drelly; 02-12-2008, 07:02 AM.
    You can find me at: Energise Web Design

    Comment

    • muppet
      Banned
      • Sep 2003
      • 10593

      #3
      Hahahahaha found my driveway.

      Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.

      Comment

      • Bluekiwi
        Fanatical
        • May 2008
        • 4002

        #4
        Originally posted by muppet View Post
        Hahahahaha found my driveway.

        http://maps.google.co.nz/
        Thats not your best friend parked in the driveway is it ?

        I heard these pics were taken during office hours.

        Comment

        • Marc
          Strong Fences make Good Neighbours
          • Jul 2003
          • 3853

          #5
          Man! I can see the backyard of the house we lived in while in Melbourne!

          Cheers

          Marc
          Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

          Comment

          • muppet
            Banned
            • Sep 2003
            • 10593

            #6
            Thats not your best friend parked in the driveway is it ?
            Nah mate, that's our factory lowered Pearl(Honda Accord 2.3 vtec station wagon)

            Comment

            • Wayne
              Fanatical
              • Jun 2004
              • 10899

              #7
              now all we need is this in near real time and I can keep an eye on the tenants:-)

              Comment

              • cube
                Thinking outside the square.
                • Jun 2005
                • 5076

                #8
                Amazing - I found out that Street View was available in NZ browsing You Tube.

                Come to PT, and you'all know already!

                Scary, really - among the rumours flying around about the Mumbai attacks was that they used Google Earth to familiarise themselves with the area

                cube
                DFTBA

                Comment

                • cube
                  Thinking outside the square.
                  • Jun 2005
                  • 5076

                  #9
                  How long till a mash up of White/Yellow pages and Street View appears?
                  DFTBA

                  Comment

                  • spurner
                    Fanatical
                    • Apr 2005
                    • 1583

                    #10
                    That's a very cool tool to use, didn't realise it was operational yet.

                    Something odd though, I looked at a building I was interested in. Everything looks normal, then I changed the viewing angle; and part of the face of the building has been ripped off, exposing the framing. I guess it must have fallen off between the pics, even though it's in the same spot.

                    Comment

                    • Bluekiwi
                      Fanatical
                      • May 2008
                      • 4002

                      #11
                      Originally posted by spurner View Post
                      That's a very cool tool to use, didn't realise it was operational yet.

                      Something odd though, I looked at a building I was interested in. Everything looks normal, then I changed the viewing angle; and part of the face of the building has been ripped off, exposing the framing. I guess it must have fallen off between the pics, even though it's in the same spot.
                      You must have switched on the x.ray vision option
                      They have blurred out the faces of all the drunks and fornicators

                      Comment

                      • spurner
                        Fanatical
                        • Apr 2005
                        • 1583

                        #12
                        How boring then. I was looking forward to someone spotting the first drug deal, theft, robbery, passionate embrace, or indecent act on NZ Google streets...

                        Comment

                        • Perry
                          Geriatric
                          • Sep 2004
                          • 16861

                          #13
                          Not much good for back sections!
                          Halation in some shots makes the
                          view just a relief. Must've been taken
                          early morning/late evening, when the
                          sun was low in the sky.

                          Comment

                          • whitt
                            Fanatical
                            • Jun 2005
                            • 3922

                            #14
                            I have a Porsche Cayenne out side me in the street map.

                            Comment

                            • Keithw
                              Fanatical
                              • Oct 2008
                              • 1410

                              #15
                              I think street view is a huge step forward for the property industry.
                              I spent some time yesterday checking links to streetview for listings on this developers site (www.dariusrealestate.com)& I found it gave me a much better appreciation of the properties and surrounding areas, most of which I have not seen & have only had pictures or google maps to look at previously. It really helps in getting an initial feel of the place / area.

                              I think it will be great for those of us wanting to get a good understanding of a remote property, before going to visit it. (as long as it is not a back section, or down over the edge of a hill)

                              I note there are still areas to be completed, one being the area that my ex tenant scarpered too
                              Food.Gems.ILS

                              Comment

                              Working...