X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe heading that way Perry.
    Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• Good to see they are hedgeing their predictions. I would have gone further though, like a killer virus from resurrecting the mammoth, alien invasion or a hypnotherapy evil genius taking over the world.

Mark my words, one day I'll be right about something.

Comment

• If you define "Class" as a classification rather than the old English social system, then yes.
        And the warfare is against the "Class" of people that own investment properties or capital assets, against those that have worked hard to achieve such things.

The ghosts of the past, Cullen and Clarke, coming back actively supporting current govt.
        Its war alright, you bet it, and we are losing.

Comment

• I don't think any PT forumite is unaware of the goings on, but I suspect we may have differing perspectives on the reasons why.

IMNSHO, the gutting of the NZ economy by a series of malfeasant mongrels disguised as human MPs is the greatest factor.

The bitterness of poor quality voting decisions remains in the mouths of constituents long after the anticipated sweet taste of re-election promises is forgotten.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sportsvee View Post
            Good to see they are hedgeing their predictions. I would have gone further though, like a killer virus from resurrecting the mammoth, alien invasion or a hypnotherapy evil genius taking over the world.

Mark my words, one day I'll be right about something.
            I offer you a sure fire way to be right, every time.

Has it happened before in history?

Tick.

Then it will likely happen again.

So what is the precedent for your prediction?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluekiwi View Post
              And the warfare is against the "Class" of people that own investment properties or capital assets, against those that have worked hard to achieve such things.
              Benefiting from obscene price inflation and artifically low cost of capital (ie: the interest rate on money borrowed) and lenders easy policies on real estate lending...

is not "working hard".

And this time it's not just the "down and out" class who dislike what you have been benefiting from.

It's also increasingly the working class who can see through your game.

In this class war you have more people on the other side than you realise.

You shoud hope and pray the "powers that be" put a lid on it by appeasing the disadvantaged. Unfortunately, I don't like the odds of that happening with the present bunch of muppets.
              Last edited by PTWhatAGreatForum; 25-05-2018, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelNZ View Post
                Benefiting from obscene price inflation and artifically low cost of capital (ie: the interest rate on money borrowed) and lenders easy policies on real estate lending...

is not "working hard".

And this time it's not just the "down and out" class who dislike what you have been benefiting from.

It's also increasingly the working class who can see through your game.

In this class war you have more people on the other side than you realise.

You shoud hope and pray the "powers that be" put a lid on it by appeasing the disadvantaged. Unfortunately, I don't like the odds of that happening with the present bunch of muppets.
                You are a fool.

To own rental property and start from scratch with no money behind you, then yep you have to work hard.
                You have to save and scrimp while "working class" are pissing it up against the wall partying.
                You also have to be "working class" to save for a deposit and provide income verification to get a loan.
                You are working doubly hard by affectively doing 2 jobs.

I have worked my holidays and leisure time outside work hours to renovate my rental properties.
                Whilst the "down and out class" get free housing and live it up on the piss drinking, smoking and playing music all day.
                Whilst I work next door for 3 weeks over Christmas on my rentals, missing my young family.

50 hour a week office job, and 18 hour second job on weekends and evening to save deposit for house.
                Yep, most rental property owners have to work hard.

And yep, we don't like it, when governments then try to take from the hard workers and give to the lazy and brainless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluekiwi View Post
                  To own rental property and start from scratch with no money behind you, then yep you have to work hard.
                  You have to save and scrimp while "working class" are pissing it up against the wall partying.
                  You also have to be "working class" to save for a deposit and provide income verification to get a loan.
                  You are working doubly hard by affectively doing 2 jobs.

I have worked my holidays and leisure time outside work hours to renovate my rental properties.
                  Whilst the "down and out class" get free housing and live it up on the piss drinking, smoking and playing music all day.
                  Whilst I work next door for 3 weeks over Christmas on my rentals, missing my young family.

50 hour a week office job, and 18 hour second job on weekends and evening to save deposit for house.
                  Yep, most rental property owners have to work hard.
                  I see you claim to be a "Property Consultant". In that case, step in line with all the other "property consultants".

Of course you will claim the above, because that's what suits your commercial rhetoric.

"Work hard and you can be like me"... "Pay me thousands of dollars as a consultant and you too can be rich", "Rich I tell ya, rich!".

Seen it all before...

Originally posted by Bluekiwi View Post
                  =And yep, we don't like it, when governments then try to take from the hard workers and give to the lazy and brainless.
                  Such derision of the tenant classes. Do you have the personal integrity to tell your tenants, opps I mean customers, what you really think of them?

So you, like many others, go into property knowing it's a hot potato and you still wish to profit from this situation. Then you get all teary "oh pity me" that the government is paying attention to your industry. Talk about self-inflicted.

If you don't like the heat, get out of the kitchen.

There is plenty of industries with far less political risks. Why didn't you choose one of these?

It's obvious - you aren't really in love with property, but rather addicted to the ideas of capital gains and rent increases.

If it wasn't for this, I'd place odds you would not even take a second look at property.

How can I tell this? Because you complain too much about stuff you choose to do. Your post is very negative about your industry and your clientel. Most of all it's negative about the work you have to do. Same for many other members here.

So what is the point...?
                  Last edited by PTWhatAGreatForum; 25-05-2018, 02:37 PM.

Comment

There is plenty of industries with far less political risks. Why didn't you choose one of these?
                    It's obvious - you aren't really in love with property, but rather addicted to the ideas of capital gains and rent increases.
                    Well, based on a barbed bit of humour I saw the other day . . . with property and rent costs increasing - largely gummint-caused - it's really an inverse parallel for what's happening with another essential human right being the shrinkage of supermarket food items. Potato chippies have gone from 200 gram bags down to 140 grams for the same price. Fruit juice from 3 litres down to 2.4 for the same price.

Cost go up: prices go up. Or quantity supplied goes down. It's a basic law of business. Well, of those which want to survive.

I bought a bag of nitrogen from the supermarket the other day and the manufacturer was kind enough to throw in a few potato chips.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
                      Potato chippies have gone from 200 gram bags down to 140 grams for the same price. Fruit juice from 3 litres down to 2.4 for the same price.

Cost go up: prices go up. Or quantity supplied goes down. It's a basic law of business. Well, of those which want to survive.
                      Not a good comparison to residential property. FMCG manufacturers face their own set of issues. Their major clientel (super markets) are ruthless and this helps keep a lid on prices.

I do a lot of baking and by putting my own labour into my food I improve quality and keep the price down. I also know what's going into it.

So expensive food can be mitigated.

A few weeks ago I bought a Pure Magic (rebranded Waterwise unit) made in the USA water distiller to produce our own drinking water. It was an investment of almost $800 but it will pay itself back.
                      Last edited by PTWhatAGreatForum; 25-05-2018, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
                        Potato chippies have gone from 200 gram bags down to 140 grams for the same price. Fruit juice from 3 litres down to 2.4 for the same price. Cost go up: prices go up. Or quantity supplied goes down. It's a basic law of business. Well, of those which want to survive.
                        Originally posted by MichaelNZ View Post
                        Not a good comparison to residential property.
                        The comparison may not be ideal, but both indicate the price pressures we live under.

The petrol tax increase that isn't a new tax is going to make matters worse.

The price of most everything will go up as a consequence.

The ever-escalating costs of living, general inflation and the disparate minor increase in wages and salaries in NZ has meant very adverse times for most wage and salary earners and superannuitants.

Comment

A few weeks ago I bought a Pure Magic (rebranded Waterwise unit) made in the USA water distiller to produce our own drinking water. It was an investment of almost $800 but it will pay itself back.
                          Isn't the stuff that comes out of the taps fine to drink?
                          Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• ^

of course it is

and bread is safe to eat for the majority of people who say they are gluten-intolerant

fluoride in water reduces tooth decay

vaccines prevent epidemics
                            have you defeated them?
                            your demons

Comment

• Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
                              Isn't the stuff that comes out of the taps fine to drink?
                              Feel free to come around here and drink what's left after a distillation run. That is what's in about 4L of water.

Comment

Feel free to come around here and drink what's left after a distillation run. That is what's in about 4L of water.
                                I'd happily drink the water before it went into your unnecessary and expensive contraption. A contraption some snake oil salesman has sold you. Sucker.
                                Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Working...
                                X