Header Ad Module

Collapse

Kieran Trass students' vulture fund?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dandan
    Addicted
    • Apr 2004
    • 563

    #16
    I would love to hear why Kerian thinks things are going to get worse.

    I would love to hear why Olly thinks the real upturn (or least a stable market) will likely arrive towards the end of next year.

    I would love to hear why Bernard Hickey thinks house prices are going to drop 30% and not recover to the highs of 2007 until 2018.

    I would love to hear why Bob Jones thinks the economy is still in late autumn and expects lots of opportunities when the economic winter arrives, and when he thinks we are going to see 12%+ interest rates.
    Last edited by dandan; 10-09-2008, 12:20 PM.

    Comment

    • CJ
      Fanatical
      • Oct 2003
      • 3570

      #17
      Dandan - The new zealand market doens't look that bad but international factors do and if they hit NZ, then the commentators you menation may actually be correct.

      Comment

      • Commercial Dan
        Fanatical
        • May 2007
        • 1520

        #18
        Originally posted by dandan View Post
        Market activity is growing, Interest rates are dropping and this means things will get worse?
        I will assure you that interest rates will not drop regardless of what the OCR does. I have it on very very good authority from some bank heads that they are paying through the roof for overseas credit right now and talk of interest rates falling is a fad.

        Market activity is not growing, don't listen to anyone from the seminar you just went to.

        Be patient...

        Re: Trass, this is nothing more than an attempt to increase his own portfolio....as mentioned before, if these guys really had made a fortune then why do they have to run these ridiculous seminars and create sites like this if they are so well off.

        I don't see Bob Jones or Ian Cassell running these which draws upon the obvious conclusion.
        Last edited by SuperDad; 11-09-2008, 02:40 PM. Reason: Rule 2b

        Comment

        • Wayne
          Fanatical
          • Jun 2004
          • 10899

          #19
          Originally posted by Commercial Dan View Post
          Re: Trass, this is nothing more than an attempt to increase his own portfolio....as mentioned before, if these guys really had made a fortune then why do they have to run these ridiculous seminars and create sites like this if they are so well off.

          I don't see Bob Jones or Ian Cassell running these which draws upon the obvious conclusion.
          those who can do and those who can't teach
          Last edited by SuperDad; 11-09-2008, 02:41 PM.

          Comment

          • Commercial Dan
            Fanatical
            • May 2007
            • 1520

            #20
            Originally posted by Wayne View Post
            those who can do and those who can't teach
            Is that what your seminar guru told you?

            Don't fall for such claptrap, it is time to box with caution.

            Comment

            • Tucker
              Fanatical
              • Jun 2004
              • 1327

              #21
              I heard that some rates may drop if the OCR drops and some have even said if the OCR drops then they will drop the floating rate this time.
              Nigel Turner

              Comment

              • Wayne
                Fanatical
                • Jun 2004
                • 10899

                #22
                Originally posted by Commercial Dan View Post
                Is that what your seminar guru told you?

                Don't fall for such claptrap, it is time to box with caution.
                never been to a seminar yet. I don't follow what you are trying to say CD. Bob Jones can and does (and doesn't teach) whereas (by your reconing and I have no reason to doubt you) Kieren can't and teaches. As you suggest - the doers like Bob are out doing and don't have the time or need to 'teach'.

                Comment

                • Tucker
                  Fanatical
                  • Jun 2004
                  • 1327

                  #23
                  I have noticed activity has picked up, I still think it is too early to say. This is not from seminars but from being out in the market every day.
                  Nigel Turner

                  Comment

                  • watchful
                    Forum Junkie
                    • Apr 2008
                    • 380

                    #24
                    Originally posted by Commercial Dan View Post
                    I will assure you that interest rates will not drop regardless of what the OCR does. I have it on very very good authority from some bank heads that they are paying through the roof for overseas credit right now and talk of interest rates falling is a fad.

                    Market activity is not growing, don't listen to anyone from the seminar you just went to.

                    Be patient...

                    Re: Trass, this is a pathetic and immoral attempt to increase his own portfolio....as mentioned before, if these guys really had made a fortune then why do they have to run these ridiculous seminars and create sites like this if they are so well off.

                    I don't see Bob Jones or Ian Cassell running these which draws upon the obvious conclusion.
                    Will be very interesting to see the banks take on a likely OCR cut tomorrow.

                    Personally expect to see a lowering of short term rates and the floating rates from the major banks. At this stage Kiwibank is offering a 0.75% discount on floating rates compared to ANZ/NAT (10.2% v 10.95%) so I am afraid they will have to come down if they wish to retain their existing market share.

                    Anyway back to the subject.

                    Would love to hear from Kieran regarding this matter.

                    Comment

                    • BTDT
                      Opinionated
                      • Feb 2008
                      • 241

                      #25
                      Personal??

                      Something personal between you and Trass CD??

                      I agree with other posts that he didn't cause the downturn, just predicted it. And what if he said not to buy until next year.......nothing wrong with taking advantage of 'bargains' if they appear sooner rather than later!!

                      This is standard practice across all areas of investing. People/companies predict a sharemarket/commodities downturn, then when it happens, buy at low prices. It's nothing new, nor attributable to one man!!

                      Lay off the bitterness, doesn't become you and your otherwise rational and thought provoking posts!

                      Comment

                      • watchful
                        Forum Junkie
                        • Apr 2008
                        • 380

                        #26
                        Originally posted by BTDT View Post
                        Something personal between you and Trass CD??

                        I agree with other posts that he didn't cause the downturn, just predicted it. And what if he said not to buy until next year.......nothing wrong with taking advantage of 'bargains' if they appear sooner rather than later!!

                        This is standard practice across all areas of investing. People/companies predict a sharemarket/commodities downturn, then when it happens, buy at low prices. It's nothing new, nor attributable to one man!!

                        Lay off the bitterness, doesn't become you and your otherwise rational and thought provoking posts!
                        BTDT, he didn't accurately predict the downturn. I used to often walk past his place on Mt Eden road in '04 (could've been late '03) where his property cycle showed we were nearing 'bust'. If so, over three years ('04 - '07) of our largest boom in history.

                        Heck, I predict a big boom ahead (could be up to 20 years from now - let's make it 50 years to be really safe) but there you go, I guarantee you it's coming.

                        Feel free to quote me when it does happen and label me a 'property guru', actually 'property maestro' has a nice ring to it.

                        Comment

                        • BTDT
                          Opinionated
                          • Feb 2008
                          • 241

                          #27
                          Crash

                          Just following on from CDs original post of, "Trass called the crash six months ago and now sets up his own vulture fund......."

                          Can you tell me when the next boom in snail farming will be, love the little buggers in garlic butter, and don't know when others will cotton on to this......??

                          Comment

                          • dandan
                            Addicted
                            • Apr 2004
                            • 563

                            #28
                            Commercial Dan, I think I saw your very very good authority bank heads at the seminar. Were they from the BNZ? I have some views on BNZ.

                            Bob Jones has been a good Teacher for me. He has written property books and in the 80s he was the highest public speaker in the world when he spoke to large groups about property.

                            Comment

                            • tanmedia
                              Addicted
                              • Jun 2008
                              • 512

                              #29
                              Originally posted by dandan View Post
                              ..... he was the highest public speaker in the world when he spoke to large groups about property.
                              Well I hope he wasn't "high" on anything too heavy. Can't imagine he'd have been too illuminating on the financial aspects of property.

                              Comment

                              • Wayne
                                Fanatical
                                • Jun 2004
                                • 10899

                                #30
                                Originally posted by tanmedia View Post
                                Well I hope he wasn't "high" on anything too heavy. Can't imagine he'd have been too illuminating on the financial aspects of property.
                                probably only red wine - he is well known for i

                                Comment

                                Working...