Header Ad Module

Collapse

Internal gutters

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • surf09
    Freshie
    • May 2015
    • 24

    #1

    Internal gutters

    Hi there

    Regarding internal metal gutters for residential properties.

    How long do they last before it needs to be replaced?

    Thanks
    Last edited by surf09; 18-04-2020, 04:25 PM.
  • Perry
    Geriatric
    • Sep 2004
    • 16861

    #2
    No simple answer.

    If water sits in it after rain;
    if in an area close-ish to the sea;
    if debris (leaves, dirt, etc.) sits in clumps and remain damp after rain;
    . . . . not long. Maybe ten or so years.

    It was expensive, but when I last replaced mine, I specified stainless steel, so that will last for decades.

    Comment

    • surf09
      Freshie
      • May 2015
      • 24

      #3
      Originally posted by Perry View Post
      No simple answer.

      If water sits in it after rain;
      if in an area close-ish to the sea;
      if debris (leaves, dirt, etc.) sits in clumps and remain damp after rain;
      . . . . not long. Maybe ten or so years.

      It was expensive, but when I last replaced mine, I specified stainless steel, so that will last for decades.
      Thanks for your help!

      Comment

      • Nick G
        Fanatical
        • Jul 2014
        • 2544

        #4
        Can you replace with regular guttering or are you stuck with them for life?
        I saw a place with them and a bunch of trees from a reserve were hanging over it so I couldn't work out how you'd keep them clear.
        Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

        Comment

        Working...