No announcement yet.

Insulation Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh it just keeps getting better - just had another couple of quotes for the same property - it's really intriguing going through the quoting process. The latest quote has my property at 115 sq m. other quotes say 103 sq metres (which I know to be true).

Some quotes say no need to top up roof - while others say a good top is required - who to believe? Ideally the one that says it's fine if I'm thinking of my pocket but do these installers have to sign off on anything so your property is on record as complying with the insulation rule? Does anyone know?

The difference in the quotes I've had now for the same property are $1.9K = $7K.

I'll be updating my blog post on what I am calling Insulation Rort in the next few days too.

cheers,

Donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
      Oh it just keeps getting better - just had another couple of quotes for the same property - it's really intriguing going through the quoting process. The latest quote has my property at 115 sq m. other quotes say 103 sq metres (which I know to be true).

Some quotes say no need to top up roof - while others say a good top is required - who to believe? Ideally the one that says it's fine if I'm thinking of my pocket but do these installers have to sign off on anything so your property is on record as complying with the insulation rule? Does anyone know?

The difference in the quotes I've had now for the same property are $1.9K = $7K.

I'll be updating my blog post on what I am calling Insulation Rort in the next few days too.

cheers,

Donna
      we have been issued with certificate confirming compliance to regulation for every house including the ones checked by the company that were already up to standard and the ones that could not be done due to no reasonable access.

Comment

So the installer issues the certificate?

cheers,

Donna
        Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
          So the installer issues the certificate?

cheers,

Donna
          we got one of the companies with grants to do a compliance check and quote any work - they issued the certificate (may have been energysmart) - we then got any non compliance rectified by Dfluff in Wellington - fast and far more cost effective than those offering 'grants'

call Dave at Dfluff for a quote. I'm sure you'll be surprised

Comment

Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
            we have been issued with certificate confirming compliance to regulation for every house including the ones checked by the company that were already up to standard and the ones that could not be done due to no reasonable access.
            Do you actually need a certificate to do the statement?
            My blog. From personal experience.
            http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

No. Might just make any future challenges easier to withstand.

Comment

I just got one of my rentals done - it's 49m2 and had no insulation in the ceiling whatsoever. I engaged Living House NZ - a company in Christchurch - after seeing their advert in the local community paper. They supplied and installed Earthwool R3.6 at a total cost of $772 including GST.

I don't think that was a bad deal. I have an identical unit in the same block that I insulated the ceiling of a couple of years ago. In that instance I bought the insulation and did it myself. It was around $750 just for the batts, then I had the back breaking job of installing it myself.... never again, not when I can get the pros to do the job in full for around the same price.

I agree with others comments regarding subsidy providers. The reason I decided to do the installation myself a few years ago was that all the quotes I got from subsidy providers were such a rip off.

Comment

Working...
                X