Hi
Longtime lurker here, but now I think I have a problem and no idea what to do about it.
About 3 weeks ago we got some heavy rain and in shock found water pouring out the window frame in the bathroom. This lasted for about a minute or 2 and the first time this happened. I think the gutters got flooded and water came in from the flooded gutters and into the wall. I just cleaned it up and though it will dry out and nothing else we can do really.
But now the wall smells really bad, like wet towels that has been sitting for days. So I think the insulation in the wall is also wet and it is not drying, and this is on a side of the house that does not get sun in the winter.
This is a brick house by the way.
Does anyone know what I can do about this? If the wall won't dry it will get moldy and would like to prevent that (if not too late).
Longtime lurker here, but now I think I have a problem and no idea what to do about it.
About 3 weeks ago we got some heavy rain and in shock found water pouring out the window frame in the bathroom. This lasted for about a minute or 2 and the first time this happened. I think the gutters got flooded and water came in from the flooded gutters and into the wall. I just cleaned it up and though it will dry out and nothing else we can do really.
But now the wall smells really bad, like wet towels that has been sitting for days. So I think the insulation in the wall is also wet and it is not drying, and this is on a side of the house that does not get sun in the winter.
This is a brick house by the way.
Does anyone know what I can do about this? If the wall won't dry it will get moldy and would like to prevent that (if not too late).


Comment