I recently put a new kitchen into a rental flat in Wellington, and used one of the well known kitchen companies in order to have a one stop shop and save me time and energy. What a disaster. The 2 day job quoted was finally wrapped up in a little over 3 months. You name it, it happened. Some components not delivered, some were incorrect and had to be replaced, some were damaged, the plumber and electrician both had to be brought back at leat once. The installer managed to install a pantry shelf with a 2cm slope from one side to the other, and a bench which leaned forward so that any drop of water on the benchtop fell right off onto the floor. Add in very poor communication and no sign of a discount or even an apology for the major hassles, and I am thinking of a DIY next time round, which is coming up soon.
I'm happy to name the company if permitted by the moderators.
I would be most interested to hear from anyone who has bought components and installed them. What level of design - if any - is offered by these outlets (I'm thinking of The Building Depot or similar). What is the quality like? Does it stand up to tenant wear and tear? Any war stories gratefully received.
I'm happy to name the company if permitted by the moderators.
I would be most interested to hear from anyone who has bought components and installed them. What level of design - if any - is offered by these outlets (I'm thinking of The Building Depot or similar). What is the quality like? Does it stand up to tenant wear and tear? Any war stories gratefully received.


Comment