Header Ad Module

Collapse

Ugly Buildings

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Davo36
    Fanatical
    • Sep 2007
    • 8450

    #1

    Ugly Buildings

    Guys and gals, thought it might be fun to start up a thread showing properties around the place which are, well, ugly. I'll start off with these 2 gems:

    This one is more dilapidated than ugly, it may well have once been a fine house. It's on the way to Piha in West Auckland:




    In contrast, this one is a brand new commercial building in Hillsbororough Road, Auckland:



    It's been entirely building out of black iron. With very dark tinted windows. Since I took this photo, they've add some more of those vertical red/brown things (where the scaffold lift is). But still...
    Squadly dinky do!
  • Bobsyouruncle
    Banned
    • Apr 2016
    • 2340

    #2
    Hillsborough building looks awesome......

    Comment

    • Davo36
      Fanatical
      • Sep 2007
      • 8450

      #3
      Originally posted by Bobsyouruncle View Post
      Hillsborough building looks awesome......
      Well of course these things are subjective.

      I think it's retail/offices but it looks like a farm shed to me.
      Squadly dinky do!

      Comment

      • jimO
        Fanatical
        • Sep 2011
        • 1763

        #4
        Originally posted by Davo36 View Post

        I think it's retail/offices but it looks like a farm shed to me.
        fancy farm shed, must be a dairy farm

        Comment

        • Bobsyouruncle
          Banned
          • Apr 2016
          • 2340

          #5
          Because of the iron I guess. I like it a lot.
          I think the Glenn Innes HNZ monstrosities are UGLY

          Comment

          • Don't believe the Hype
            Fanatical
            • Apr 2016
            • 2159

            #6
            my nomination - Gordon Wilson Flats in Wellington... but wait - a rare example of poor taste/design being saved from the wrecking ball by the environment court!

            Comment

            • PC
              Fanatical
              • Apr 2004
              • 2172

              #7
              That's a historic building in NZ???
              Eeek.
              The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

              Comment

              • MargVan
                Freshie
                • Jul 2014
                • 77

                #8
                Gordon Wilson Flats are winning hands down.
                The Hillsborough building is great for retail/offices. Nothing ugly about it in my view.

                Comment

                • Davo36
                  Fanatical
                  • Sep 2007
                  • 8450

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Bobsyouruncle View Post
                  Because of the iron I guess. I like it a lot.
                  I think the Glenn Innes HNZ monstrosities are UGLY
                  See, I like those. So we have diametrically opposing tastes in buildings. No surprises there.
                  Squadly dinky do!

                  Comment

                  • Davo36
                    Fanatical
                    • Sep 2007
                    • 8450

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
                    my nomination - Gordon Wilson Flats in Wellington... but wait - a rare example of poor taste/design being saved from the wrecking ball by the environment court!

                    https://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/...-Court-hearing
                    Looks like the old council offices in Auckland.

                    Which they are now turning into apartments lol.
                    Squadly dinky do!

                    Comment

                    • Davo36
                      Fanatical
                      • Sep 2007
                      • 8450

                      #11
                      Originally posted by jimO View Post
                      fancy farm shed, must be a dairy farm
                      I laughed out loud at that one.

                      They must have built the shed back when it was $8.50 per kg milk solids...
                      Squadly dinky do!

                      Comment

                      • Nick G
                        Fanatical
                        • Jul 2014
                        • 2544

                        #12
                        Bob Jones used to be a fan of ugly buildings
                        Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

                        Comment

                        • jimO
                          Fanatical
                          • Sep 2011
                          • 1763

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Nick G View Post
                          Bob Jones used to be a fan of ugly buildings
                          he still is he is going to build the worlds biggest wooden building that he designed (in between puffing on his pipe)

                          Comment

                          • Davo36
                            Fanatical
                            • Sep 2007
                            • 8450

                            #14
                            I think last time Bob developed an office tower, the economy crashed. It was 1987.

                            Is this an omen?
                            Squadly dinky do!

                            Comment

                            • Wayne
                              Fanatical
                              • Jun 2004
                              • 10899

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
                              I think last time Bob developed an office tower, the economy crashed. It was 1987.

                              Is this an omen?
                              I think he has more money than you or me.
                              Given his comeback since RJI crashed I think he has some idea on what he is doing.

                              Comment

                              Working...