Duplex neighbour knocks one side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplex neighbour knocks one side

Owner of $1m Remuera home at centre of duplex demolition row gives up fight with neighbour
    Homeowner who just discovered his Remuera neighbours' plan to demolish their side of duplex they share looks to re-build his own home.

whats peoples thoughts on this?
    surely he should have been contacted by council or the neighbours earlier.
    the party wall is at least 50% his so not sure if they have a right to knock it or touch it without his consent.
    does it make a difference if it is leasehold or 2 seperate titles?

It is separate titles. If crosslease it never could have happened. Not really news though it's just life when you are conjoined!

Comment

I think it's mental - surely there's no way it could that be done without his consent. I feel we're getting half the story - the 'sensational' bit.

cheers,

donna
      Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

They'll be deconstructing the other side anyway, more than enough spare goodies to close off and clad the opening.

Comment

They also included a plan of the new house. It hugs the shared boundary for most of the fenceline. If I was the neighbour and I wasn't notified/consulted, I'd be livid.

Having the neighbour building that close to the boundary will have a serious impact on his family's lifestyle.
          My blog. From personal experience.
          http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Another article in today's Herald. Apparently the neighbours initially told him that he would be responsible for the remedial work to his exposed wall. Only now easements on the title have been identified and he can fight the whole thing. At the very least he'll be able to make them clad his side.

How on earth was this not picked up by the council? I knew they were idiots, but this takes the cake....
            My blog. From personal experience.
            http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
            X